Dead battery problem - Page 2 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Dead battery problem

CF Monarch

December 20th, 2013, 8:17 AM   #11  
do you really want to debate regenerative braking systems? Price out your prius brake components and lets compare.

I wouldn't brag to much about brakes on a prius. There have been so many complaints that the Japanese government ordered Toyota to start an investigation into the problem.

Ever do a brake service? If you don't perform one every year on disc brakes systems you will continue to have the same problems. From what I see, it's usually not the car's fault but rather lack of maintenance. Owners don't think its needed because its not listed in the maintenance schedule.

Last edited by tech2; December 20th, 2013 at 8:35 AM.

CF Beginner

March 15th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #12  
Battery Dead Over Night

Posted By: EinST The bulk of the vehicle electronics get the battery voltage always. They are supposed to go to a low power mode or sleep with key off, RAP off. Maybe something is refusing to shut itself down. A problem like that is hard to diagnose since the act of pulling a fuse may reset whatever was drawing the current. Ask them to try disconnecting power to the OnStar VCIM (not something indispensable)?
The CD Player, inside the Radio, has switches that fail at times. This can happen randomly, even if you didn't us the CD drive. You can unplug the CD drive inside the Radio if you do not use the CD or fix it. I have had this problem with different GM Cars through the years.

CF Beginner

March 16th, 2017, 8:44 AM   #13  
I took it to a different dealer and they did not find a problem, so they just changed the battery and no problems since. This has been over three years ago.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: