Frozen Touch Screen on my 2018 Traverse - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Frozen Touch Screen on my 2018 Traverse

Old March 5th, 2018, 3:23 PM
Newly Registered

Default Frozen Touch Screen on my 2018 Traverse

Just bought a new 2018 Traverse High Country 2 weeks ago. On two separate occasions, the Infotainment Touch Screen froze for long periods of time. Turning off the system or even restarting the car didn't work. After about 30 minutes to an hour, it would come back on it's own. On a recent weekend get-away, it froze on our highway trip on the Home Page. My son tried to get the system to work by pressing any and all application buttons, swipping, dragging, pressing. Nothing worked for almost 45 minutes. Any ideas?
Old March 10th, 2018, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same problem also but my screen will also click on random things and scroll when no one is touching it, then get frozen at times. Iím being it to the dealer this week. This is very disappointing.
Old March 30th, 2018, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Matthew Rogers View Post
I am having the same problem also but my screen will also click on random things and scroll when no one is touching it, then get frozen at times. Iím being it to the dealer this week. This is very disappointing.
My husband is planning to buy an 18 Traverse--
have either of you gotten an explanation for why this happened?
was it repaired?
Old June 3rd, 2018, 5:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Most people report that pushing the Voice command button next to the OnStar button has reset the console. In my case it took a few cold starts of the Traverse to get the display back. Definitely a software bug and one that dates back several years and not uncommon with GM vehicles with their infotainment system.
Old June 22nd, 2018, 11:14 PM
CF Beginner

I am having the same issue. Usually it just starts randomly pushing buttons on its own and wonít let me change anything myself. I joke that the car is haunted. I have to shut the screen down because it makes phone calls and such while itís doing this. This has been going on since I drove it off the lot in Late February. Had it in the dealer once but it wasnít acting up at that moment so they couldnít figure out what was wrong. Very frustrating. It happening more frequently now when itís been parked and the interior heats up. Not sure if that is just a coincidence or not. Ugh.
Old October 5th, 2018, 7:57 AM
CF Beginner

I had this issue in my 2012 and it seems to have been caused by my external music player. I had a high volume iPod attached through the USB port and it had about 6500 songs. I deleted about 2000 and my display has not frozen for over a week where it was doing it about every other time I started the vehicle.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: