Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

No Sound

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2020, 9:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound

I have a 2011 Traverse and everything was fine for years. The other day all sounds in the car stopped working, not just the stereo. Every indicator, the blinkers don’t make noise, the back up camera ding doesn’t sound, the warning dings don’t happen, no sound. Has anyone else dealt with this? Is it an easy fix or is it going to be expensive?
Old August 10th, 2020, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 624 Likes on 565 Posts

all those sounds come from the same stereo.

Did you check your electrical fuses?
Old August 10th, 2020, 10:16 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
all those sounds come from the same stereo.

Did you check your electrical fuses?
that was the first thing I did
Old August 10th, 2020, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing the stereo is still lighting up. If it has a headphone port, see if you get sound from there.
Old August 11th, 2020, 6:42 AM
CF Beginner

I'm guessing the stereo is still lighting up. If it has a headphone port, see if you get sound from there.
I’ve always had to do that since my antenna is messed up, it was my sisters car before mine so I knew what was wrong before I got it, I’ve never gotten radio or XM. I’ve always had to use either the usb attached to the radio or the aux plug. But I’m also pretty sure I didn’t blow out the speakers either, but the stereo itself has been getting hot so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Old August 11th, 2020, 2:00 PM
Super Moderator

At this stage I would test for power on the wires coming in, and then bench test the stereo. Not something everyone can do.
You can try pulling the stereo out and re-seat the harness connectors, or swapping in a different stereo to see if it works.
I don't know any other easy things to try.
Old August 11th, 2020, 3:35 PM
CF Beginner

At this stage I would test for power on the wires coming in, and then bench test the stereo. Not something everyone can do.
You can try pulling the stereo out and re-seat the harness connectors, or swapping in a different stereo to see if it works.
I don't know any other easy things to try.
Luckily my fiancé used to be a mechanic so I’ll pass on the info, thanks 😊
Old August 19th, 2020, 10:15 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by CaitlinB
I have a 2011 Traverse and everything was fine for years. The other day all sounds in the car stopped working, not just the stereo. Every indicator, the blinkers don’t make noise, the back up camera ding doesn’t sound, the warning dings don’t happen, no sound. Has anyone else dealt with this? Is it an easy fix or is it going to be expensive?
This is certainly not what we like to hear, Caitlin.. Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your Traverse. To do so, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: CaitlinB / Chevrolet Forum in the subject line. Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.