Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse - Dead Battery?

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2012, 8:11 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lucygibbons,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem with your Traverse vehicle. I hope the dealer can resolve this issue for you. Do you have any aftermarket equipment installed in/on the vehicle?

Please keep us posted of your dealer's diagnosis.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 17th, 2012, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I guess if you have a Traverse, you need to keep a jump box in the stow away compartment. I know this sucks to have a brand new vehicle and have to do that, but for $40 you can at least have peace of mind and still drive the truck.
I suggest the IATN network. Some one will eventually fix the problem. Tell the lame *** dealer about the software fix for the parking feature and the Nav.
The following users liked this post:
Stangcrazy (December 21st, 2019)
Old April 18th, 2012, 6:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Jumper box

Try keeping a jumper box with you until somebody figures this thing out. The auto park software issue makes a lot of sense. Jumper packs are pretty cheap,anymore, and can be worth their weight in gold on a rainy night at 2 in the morning.
Old July 24th, 2012, 2:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2009 and have just recently been dealing with battery issues. Mine is if the traverse sits out all day or nite, it starts fine. If i go anywhere and run inside for 10 to 15 mins, it then acts like the battery is dying. If i do this numerous times, i wonder if it is going to start. I had the battery replaced just short of 50000 miles, it worked fine for alittle bit but now at 54000 its starting to act up again. I love my traverse but have been thru hell with it..From throwing a shaft bearing at 15000 and stranding me 6 hrs from home. THen having the whole engine gone thru and rebuilt and not replaced cause GM would not authorize it, to other issues. Now the dealer isnt sure if they are going to cover this problem under the warranty....the issue started before the warranty was up and replacing the battery didnt fix the underlying problem.
Old July 24th, 2012, 7:16 AM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by firedawg1372
I have a 2009 and have just recently been dealing with battery issues. Mine is if the traverse sits out all day or nite, it starts fine. If i go anywhere and run inside for 10 to 15 mins, it then acts like the battery is dying. If i do this numerous times, i wonder if it is going to start. I had the battery replaced just short of 50000 miles, it worked fine for alittle bit but now at 54000 its starting to act up again. I love my traverse but have been thru hell with it..From throwing a shaft bearing at 15000 and stranding me 6 hrs from home. THen having the whole engine gone thru and rebuilt and not replaced cause GM would not authorize it, to other issues. Now the dealer isnt sure if they are going to cover this problem under the warranty....the issue started before the warranty was up and replacing the battery didnt fix the underlying problem.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your Traverse vehicle. Have you contacted Customer Service? I would be happy to assist if you have not. Please PM the last 8-digits of your VIN so I can look into this further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 24th, 2012, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue Please Help

2010 Chevy Traverse battery keeps dying. They replaced battery still they can't find the issue. All aftermarket equipment removed. its back in the shop now! When i park it over night next morning so dead i cant even remote unlock. No lights are left on No nav system basic LS no thrills truck.
Old September 24th, 2012, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

same issue did u find any answers???????
Old September 25th, 2012, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default My Solution

The cabling that runs between the battery and the engine had a short in it. This was the diagnosis after the third tow trip to the dealership. It finally happened to them. I have not had any issues since then, almost six months later.
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 2011 Traverse, bought in 2012. It has been in 2 different dealerships 4 times in 1 year for a dead battery in the morning. They have replaced the battery in it 3 times now and can't find anything wrong with it.
Old March 11th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Official GM Rep

Originally Posted by soontobestranded
I have a 2011 Traverse, bought in 2012. It has been in 2 different dealerships 4 times in 1 year for a dead battery in the morning. They have replaced the battery in it 3 times now and can't find anything wrong with it.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> soontobestranded,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this problem. Did they check the cables? I would be happy to look into this further for you. Would please PM me your information so I may proceed?

Louis
GM Customer Service

Quick Reply: Traverse - Dead Battery?