Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse - Dead Battery?

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dead battery

A few days ago, while backing up with the Traverse (2011) the back up assisting alarm (beep) was activated even though no obstacle where behind. It keept beeping even when driving! I had to stop the car and restarted,

Then I woke up this morning with a dead battery; door unlock wasn't working, no lights, no radio, try to start, no answer and finally, the car key is jammed in the ingnition!!!

Check battery voltage: 5.3 V

Are those anomalies related?

Thanks

Sorry for my English (french canadian)
The following users liked this post:
Stangcrazy (December 21st, 2019)
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The key is locked because the battery is dead. Our battery would die after sitting a few days. After 6 trips to the dealer and fighting with GM for 2 years, they bought it back. The last time we brought it in, they did find an On Star module drawing power and replaced it. Don't know anything after that. We love our Explorer.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 6:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default traverse sucks

I have had a battery issue for yrs on my 09. i get a new battery and 6 months or so or less down the road and I start losing starting power. If i run numerous errands and have to turn off and restart numerous times, by the 3rd stop, I am praying that it starts. On top of all this, the engine has been rebuilt twice and the transmission has been rebuilt. the first engine rebuild was with less then 25000 on it, stranded 6 hrs from home. I was without it for over a month. GM compensated me one month payment. I tried working thru my dealership and ended up no where...I will never by GM again...I will never hesitate to tell anyone how I feel of them.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Help my traverse is falling apart

Hello,
I am new on here and I was just reading through some of your posts about your traverse and I have had many issues with my 2010 traverse. We have just put a total of $7,000 into it in the last 6 months and it is currently not running again! We can't afford to keep fixing it and I dunno what to do. Was wondering what everyone else was doing? We put in a new motor in march, sway bar. In august we replaced the starter and the fly reel and now it is sitting at the shop again and we don't know why now. Plus my air conditioning unit has a leak since last year, we keep recharging it because it costs so much to get it repaired. And the tire sensor keeps coming on telling me I have no tire pressure in my front right which is a brand new tire.
Old November 24th, 2014, 6:30 AM
CF Beginner

Default who did you contact?

Originally Posted by soontobestranded
The key is locked because the battery is dead. Our battery would die after sitting a few days. After 6 trips to the dealer and fighting with GM for 2 years, they bought it back. The last time we brought it in, they did find an On Star module drawing power and replaced it. Don't know anything after that. We love our Explorer.
My husband called gm customer services I believe and it didn't help at all. Who did you contact? We just want them to take it back.
Old November 25th, 2014, 6:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not sure you can do what I did. Mine was brand new and still under warranty. I sued them under the lemon law. I did an internet search for lemon law and it came up with a few, more than willing lawyers ready and waiting to take my case. I called one of them, started a case, and he did the rest. If he didn't win, I didn't pay him. If he did win, GM pays his fees. I suggest you call one in your state, as the laws vary from state to state. Good Luck. P.S. I got absolutely no where with my dealership. They were so bad, when GM bought it back, I had to take it to a different dealership because my original one would not return the GM lawyer's calls. I'll buy a GM again, but not a Traverse, and not from that dealership.
Old December 24th, 2014, 1:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

We have a 2011 Chevy traverse and have taken it to the dealer because the battery was dying for no reason. They also could not find the issue, replaced the battery, and it still continues to die for no reason. It's incredibly annoying to get your 3 kids in car seats, go to start the car and it doesn't. And you just drove it the day before. We've had to borrow my parents vehicle on short notice because we've had plans and had a dead car. Chevrolet should be fixing the issue for free, seeing how so many people are having issues (our neighbor, 2 houses down is also having the same issue with their traverse) and they should reimburse us for the new batteries....ugh!

Last edited by Acranmer02; December 25th, 2014 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Typo
Old March 15th, 2015, 9:26 PM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=firedawg1372;289680]I have had a battery issue for yrs on my 09. i get a new battery and 6 months or so or less down the road and I start losing starting power. If i run numerous errands and have to turn off and restart numerous times, by the 3rd stop, I am praying that it starts."

Help! I am experiencing the same problem with my 2012 Traverse LS and am gearing up for a fight with my Dealership. I just replaced my battery and the SUV has less than 30k miles and it continues to not start after ~ 60 days of running. At that point, the battery will be completely dead and can be recharged. What is draining a brand new battery? I have no Nav et al...I have a base model Traverse. I don't trust the SUV now and need to make sure the vehicle gets fixed. It doesn't appear to be a charging issue if it goes for 60 days.

Note: This must be a serious issue...every post on this page is from a CF Beginner and all the Lambda sites show this as the number one views. I hope I don't need to lawyer up for this problem.

Last edited by jhangus; March 15th, 2015 at 10:09 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:04 PM
CF Beginner

On my way to the Dealer

Last edited by jhangus; March 15th, 2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old May 17th, 2015, 2:59 AM
CF Beginner

Default Battery replacement

i took my traverse to the dealership with a dead battery. They said the battery was bad and would cost almost $500 to replace. That seems alittle high to replace a battery. they said something about updating each sensor that triggered a low voltage code. Does that sound right?

Quick Reply: Traverse - Dead Battery?