Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

trax battery died after 8 months

Search this Thread

Old October 24th, 2019, 5:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trax battery died after 8 months

I have a 2019 chevy trax awd and I went to start it and it just clicked. lights was flickering. I noticed that my side detection light have been staying on at times when I drive because of my bumper guard. could side detection lights drain your battery
Old December 18th, 2019, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default ?

What do you mean? Did you crash the car? Why would your light stay on? Yeah if the light is on.. your computer is on. Yep. That would drain it. It means your information system is on too but not fully powered on. So on .. so on..
Old December 18th, 2019, 5:56 AM
CF Beginner

no i did not crash. it was parked and went to leave for work and i noticed that when i went to start it it just clicked and the lights were flickering like a x-mas tree. took it to dealer and they found nothing wrong. turned off my side detection and over head dome lights. it was weird. not sure what happened. the side detection lights come on while i drive because my bumper guard moves up. thanks for replying