Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2005 uplander cruise control only works below 35mph

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2011, 6:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 uplander cruise control only works below 35mph

the cruise disconnects above 35 mph and wont reengage. no dash warning liights, speedo works fine. works rock solid below 35 mph. i have just changed 3 wheel bearings and it has new tires all the same size. any help on what component to change would be appreciated.
Old February 8th, 2011, 7:59 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alnascar97
the cruise disconnects above 35 mph and wont reengage. no dash warning liights, speedo works fine. works rock solid below 35 mph. i have just changed 3 wheel bearings and it has new tires all the same size. any help on what component to change would be appreciated.
Did it quit working right after changing the bearings?
Did you remember to plug the speed sensors back in when reinstalling the bearings?
Old February 9th, 2011, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Papa Bear, Al lthedash lights are off. The bearings were changed becasue the ABS light was on. The ABS lights are now off the TCS and ABS are working. I just bought the van so I do not know if the cruise worked properly before I changed the bearings. The GM repair manual only shows the VSS in the cruise circuit so I am not sure what effect ABS has on GM cruise circuits. Is there a GM crusie control repair manual that expalisn how to test and isolate problems.
Old February 12th, 2011, 8:08 PM
CF Beginner

Default gm scan a waste of money

So I took the van to GM they scanned it and told me the new left front ABS sensor was shorted. With no ABS light on I found that hard to believe but I changed the bearing again. Did not fix a thing what a waste of time and money.
Old February 12th, 2011, 8:41 PM
CF Junior Member

I have never had good luck with anything other than GM bearings when it comes to the wheel speed sensors. anytime ive tried another brand I always have an issue either abs light on or a shorted wheel sensor
Old February 13th, 2011, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

thanks for the info. I put 3 duralast bearings in I may have to go with GM parts.
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default response to jimmydow1

thanks for your help. I have defintely confirmed jobber ABS sensors affect crusie control operation. I Change the front jobber bearings with ac delco but tried a jobber in the left rear. It set the ABS light and then the crusie started working correctly. So if I put in the GM bearings the lights should go out and the cruise should work correctly. When I talked to a GM mechaninc he did not know that ABS affects cruise operation. You would think all GM mechanics would know this!