Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Chevy Uplander won't start

Search this Thread

Old September 14th, 2018, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Chevy Uplander won't start

My 2006 Chevy Uplander 3.5L won't even try to turnover. You turn the key and nothing happens except the trouble light comes on. You hear a click in the inside fuse box and you hear a click in the motor compartment, that is it.
I changed out the starter, the ignition switch,the starter relay, the ignition key and slot, and still the same happens. The battery is good and I changed the positive battery cable. Still nothing!!!
I took it to Precision Tune and they couldn't figure it out because they said the OBD2 reader could not communicate with the ECU to get the trouble codes. So that is another problem!! The radio doesn't work but the headlights and and AC blower does. All fuses seem to be ok!!
Does anybody have any ideas???
The following users liked this post:
giap882002 (March 24th, 2021)
Old September 14th, 2018, 4:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found out everything that suppose to come on when you turn the key on is not working. Maybe a bad contactor or the power feed wire feeding the contactor is damaged. I hear the contactor closing behind the inside fuse box.