Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2006 Uplander DVD

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2010, 8:18 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the update.

Does this new replacement DVD player work the same as the factory player in the van? Do the buttons CD/AUX on the front radio still work with the replacement DVD player?

I do not want to cause you any extra work, but your experience with replacing the DVD player in your van yourself is a bit rare. If you were to be so kind, it might be helpful to others to give a bit of an explanation how you were able to get at and remove the factory DVD player from its mounted position. I have looked for screws or the like, but never found any that hold the player in place. Perhaps a picture of you present player would be helpful.
Your information thus far on this instance of a DVD player failing is very valuable for others experiencing something similar. Thanks for sharing it with others.
Old December 6th, 2010, 7:38 AM
CF Beginner

The replacement unit I bought on ebay was a direct replacement out of a used/crashed/scrapped/etc vehicle that shared those same specs. Everything works, no programming or otherwise required. This unit came from ELKO in Canada, they seem to have several at decent prices.

There are only two screws holding the unit to the ceiling rail system. To locate the screws, open the screen fully and look for the access to the screws above the top of the screen (I had a hard time finding them initially also). Once they're out, the unit will just about fall into your lap. There are integral rails on each side of the unit that rest within the next compartment back for support, but these slide right out with the unit once the two screws are removed. Unplug the wiring harness connector and you're done.

Glad this was helpful.
Old December 6th, 2010, 4:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Awesome.... thanks shawnb for sharing this information; it was truly very helpful. I look forward to your next thread.
Old August 4th, 2012, 8:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default Another option

I've had the same problem recently with my 2006 terraza. After reading this thread and being faced with the prospect of having to buy a replacement from ebay and do the work of replacing it, I decided to give the unit the fix of last resort - smacked it a couple of times at the head of the unit just below the face plate with the side of my fist. Sound came back after just a couple of firm (but not ridiculous) hits. I did this while it was playing a disk. I can't recommend this as a wise course of action, and I take no responsibility for any damage you might do, but if the only other option is to replace it, I figured why not give it a try. Good luck.
Old November 30th, 2016, 5:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default No sound to dvd

Thanks to the guy who used the last resort to tap a little hard on the side of the console the sound was back. problem solved .
Old November 30th, 2016, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default No sound to dvd

Originally Posted by cheney33
I've had the same problem recently with my 2006 terraza. After reading this thread and being faced with the prospect of having to buy a replacement from ebay and do the work of replacing it, I decided to give the unit the fix of last resort - smacked it a couple of times at the head of the unit just below the face plate with the side of my fist. Sound came back after just a couple of firm (but not ridiculous) hits. I did this while it was playing a disk. I can't recommend this as a wise course of action, and I take no responsibility for any damage you might do, but if the only other option is to replace it, I figured why not give it a try. Good luck.
that is exactly how to fix it .lol just worked for me thanks.