Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2007 Uplander having lots of issues

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2013, 3:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Uplander having lots of issues

I have a 2007 Chevy Uplander. Fri 8/30 the power steering pump went out. It overheated in a matter of seconds. I shut it off immediately, towed it home, and replaced the power steering pump. Sun 9/1 took it for a test drive and it overheated again. It wasn't running hot, I was paying attention to the gauges, and the temperature gauge went up in a matter of seconds (once again). I towed it home (again!!!) and it was running fine, no knocks, didn't feel hotter than it should, no smoke/steam, nothing. Left it parked until I had time to deal with it. Replaced the thermostat today thinking that may be the issue and it blew when it overheated the first time. Put new coolant in it, everything is hooked up correctly, etc. Test drove it and in less than 1 mile, the gauge jumped and showed it overheating again! Let it set on the dirt road for 2 hours to cool down, then drove it back to the house. When I started it, it had no power steering. Got about 1/2 mile and Charging System Failure showed up on the display. Battery level showed 11.6 which is low. It generally runs at 14.0-14.4. I put it on the diagnostic computer and got codes P0030, P0036, P0135, and P0141 which are all O2 sensors so shouldn't cause all these issues. Those are the only codes its throwing.
Now I'm wondering if the motor is done, the computer system in it is done, or what is going on. Any ideas?
TIA