Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

2008 Uplander: Any way to relearn the TPMS without a working keyfob?

Search this Thread

Old March 23rd, 2018, 7:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Uplander: Any way to relearn the TPMS without a working keyfob?

So - the keyfob for my Uplander bit the dust and instead of paying through the nose at the dealer, I got one of those Dorman kits that allows you to reprogram their Keyfob. The only problem is their Keyfob doesn't transmit the relearn codes to the TPMS. What is up with that?

I've not (yet) been able to find a way to reset the TPMS without a keyfob. What an absurd design if that's a requirement.

I've seen on other GM systems you can access a special menu using the DIC - but the 2008 Uplander doesn't seem to have that access. Anyone know a way around using the Keyfob?

thanks!
Old April 13th, 2018, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know a direct answer to your question, but I have a suggestion. My OEM key fob also stopped working, I discovered the problem was the electrically conductive material on the backside of the buttons stopped working. Maybe it got washed off when accidentally washed a couple times, but when you press a button nothing happened. Using a rubber cement, glue a small piece of aluminum foil to the back of each button. I did this to my remote about 6 month ago and it still working. So if this is the problem with your oem remote, you might be able to restore it and program the TPMS.

John