Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

ABS Codes C0040, C0041

Search this Thread

Old October 23rd, 2011, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

01 Chevy 2WD, 5.3
Your not going to believe this. I too have been fighting the ABS and Brake light intermittantly coming on, also. I'm sure this is just a coincidence but it has been 3 weeks and they haven't come on. I first cleaned the Frame Grounds as reccomended.
1 day as they were both on, I got a "Low wiper fluid" in the message center. I filled it to the brim and...no more "ABS" aqnd "Brake" lights. I know it doesn't make sense and I have been reluctant to say a word about it fearing a "JINX" and it would come back on.
It was happening at least once a day and has been a full 3 weeks without comin on.
You got me? Only thing I can think of is somewhere in the schematics they are linked, IF this truly fixes it. I hope I put this in the right place!! Please reply with your comments and jokes?!
Old March 31st, 2013, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD code C0040 and C0201

SO I was driving on the interstate and my truck starting jerking everytime my gears change. Got the check engine light and so went to Advance Auto and had them give me the codes and at that one point only one came up. Transmition component slipping. Went to jiffy lube and had them flush the transmittion fluids and replace the fluid and add a bottle of Lucas transmition fix. Resetted the Check Engine Light. Went on to drive fourty miles then the light came back on. Went back to Advance, now codes C0040 and C0201. What should I do at this point. Anybody with ideas will be well appreciated.
Old August 10th, 2013, 9:28 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default ABS Front Wire Harness Kits From Dorman

I kept getting the dreaded Repair ABS Traction Control Messages . My wheel bearings felt great, Sensors seemed to be working correctly. I ordered the replacement harness for both front wheels and No more Codes for the wheel sensors came up.
I kept getting ABS codes for pressure sensors and found that there must have been air in the ABS modulator valve. Bleed the brakes and got a few air bubbles out and now no more codes. Everything has been working just fine for the last few hundred miles now.
I took the old harnesses and pulled and stripped the insulation and could not find an explanation why they would not make good contact. The only thing I could think of it must have been in the plugs themselves bad connectors or something.
Just as a side note this 2006 van has over 300K on the clock and is running just fine still. I am amazed that everything still works on this van. The company that had this van put over 50K a year on and kept it maintained very well.
Old August 24th, 2013, 9:26 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Spoke too soon

I was driving the other day and the dash lit up like Christmas tree.
ABS, Traction Control and Brake lights are all on.
Codes C1100, C1101, C0131, and C0136 all came back.
So after looking at everything I bought a brand new AC/Delco ABS controller , bolted it up to the ABS unit and now it will not communicate to my scanner.
Not sure what to do now, all the lights are on and I can't clear the codes or access the controller to see what's going on. Any suggestions?
Old April 27th, 2015, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Default Part number for ABS speed sensor harness?

2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 w/all wheel drive.

I'm getting those darn ABS codes again. Already replaced both front wheel bearings 3 years ago. The right one got replaced again last year. Now more lights. C0040, C0039, C0041 and another one I can't remember.

Left front sensor out of range
Left front sensor circuit
Right front sensor circuit

Is the sensor being discussed here the sensor inside the wheel bearing? So just tap into those contacts inside the connector for resistance?

I have looked for the harness on various websites and cant find the part. Is it listed under electrical? It's not listed under brakes for sure.

Also, I looked for the discussed TSB on Safercar.gov and can't find it either. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old April 29th, 2015, 6:43 PM
CF Active Member

Hi -

The sensor is the "wheel speed sensor" inside the bearing. Yes you could tap in there to check for resistance but keep reading first....

I found the harness you're asking about on Rock auto - part # 10340314

Its actually listed under "body" for the Uplander.

A mechanic friend told me that once he has to unplug the harness from the bearing for any reason that he automatically replaces the harness as its his theory that the harness is more often the problem than the sensor in the bearing.

I don't know anything about the TSB - I've replaced harness and bearings so many times that I could probably write one for it though.

Good Luck!
Old September 25th, 2017, 2:31 PM
CF Beginner

I want to start off and say I'm not the best with cars so forgive me for improper terms and vocab. I have a code on my 2012 chevy equinox saying, " right front wheel speed sensor supply (subfault) - plausibility failure". Would this be a wheel bearing issue, wheel assembly issue, and/or wheel caliber issue? Or is this an issue that needs a further examination?

Thank you in advance for the advice,