Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Ac troubles

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2010, 9:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ac troubles

I HAVE AN 05 UPLANDER AND IT HAS RECENTLY HAD POOR AC. IT COOLS OK THEN IT KINDA STOPS FOR 5 TO 10 MINUTES AND STARTS AGAIN. i FIGURED MAYBE THE REFRIDGERANT WAS LOW SO i TOOK IT IN TO HAVE IT CHECKED. tHE SERVICE GUY TELLS ME THERE IS A HIGH SIDE BLOCKAGE AND IT NEEDS A NEW CONDENSER AND EVAPORATIOR.
fUNNY THING IS IF i LEAVE TO AC ON AND TURN THE TEMPERATURE CONTROL HALF WAY IN THE BLUE FOR 5 MINUTES THEN TURN IT BACK TO MAX COOL, THE THING JUST CONTIUES TO PUMP OUT COLD AIR, LIKE IT SHOULD.
I'M NO AC GUY BUT THIS SOUNDS MORE LIKE AN ELECTRONIC SENSOR PROBLEM TO ME AND NOT THE $1000 PLUS DOLLAR PARTS REPLACEMENT PROBLEM. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.
Old July 24th, 2010, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

did you ever resolve that issue and if so what was the action you or a mechanic took?
my wife has a 2005 too, and this past week her ac was acting in a similar fashion. my mechanic first said it needed a half pound of freon, which at first seemed to fix it but several hours later it has continued. seems like at random times the fan would blow a sudden gust of stronger cold air which would at the same time cause the engine to rev up and the rpm's to jump then back to warmer air. he said there was no leak and that the pressure was good, he directed me to a gmc/pontiac dealer. he says that the computer needs to be reprogrammed that there is a "communication issue" between the cpu and what ever controls the ac and when they are not in sync the ac goes hot for brief periods?????? anyways just wondering what you did
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Out here we have had a very cool summer, so I have just continued fiddling with the temperature control. I was told the pressures were correct and it didn't need a recharge, only a replacement of expensive parts would cure the problem. I suspect GM knows what the real problem is but, because it is such a money maker problem, they will not admit it.
My solution wait til fall and sell it and buy a non GM relacement vehcile, something more reliable.