Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Aftermarket roof rack for Uplander?

Search this Thread

Old October 18th, 2012, 9:52 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket roof rack for Uplander?

Well my 2008 Uplander Cargo came with an interior plexi/metal cage behind the middle row captain chairs but no roof rack/rails which makes things a bit difficult as I sometimes need to carry ladders that have to be crammed in the back portion.

I wouldn't mind finding a rack system off of a salvage yard Uplander but do not have time to remove the metal/plexi interior cage divider setup or the headliner.

There aren't any dimples on the top of the van roof so I'm assuming that the headliner would have to be yanked to install properly? Are there welded nuts on the underside of the roof that could be easily located if you did pull the headliner? I guess there's no way to locate the mounting points at all without pulling the liner?

Not having traditional side rails on the roof itself, it hasn't been easy finding an aftermarket system that clamps on either though I may have a lead on a clamp setup that'll work. The factory option is probably best but not ready to pull headliner.

I found one by Imma, a Japanese company but they give limited shots and no pics of it installed on an Uplander.
2006 Chevy Uplander Roof Rack - Complete System - Inno Rack with Locks - CargoGear

Thule also claims to make one but it looks like you have to have the side roof rack rails already installed lol.

If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it!!

Jeremy

Last edited by niceguy88; October 18th, 2012 at 10:30 AM.