Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Blinker blinking "too fast"

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2011, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker blinking "too fast"

Hello. I own a 2005 Uplander. I'm living in the UK and here they have a yearly MOT test, basically a safety / enviromental check of the vehicle. Last week my uplander failed due to the blinkers blinking too fast (more than 120 per min).

The issue started when the driver-side rear blinker went out. Even after I replaced it, the signal continued to blink fast. Couple weeks later, both sides blinked fast, but no lights are out. I've been told it could be the relay, but as far as I can tell, the Uplander has no blinker relay.

I'm game for trying anything at this point. I have a week to get it fixed before I have to pay the full fee for another MOT and failure of an MOT makes a vehicle illegal to drive. Thanks ahead for any assistance.
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:43 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It's possible that yours has a grounding issue. If the ground wire from the socket is not properly grounded, the current will flow through the turn signal filament and then back through either the parking lamp filament (front) or stop lamp filament (rear) and then onto some other lamp that has good ground. Check the ground potential at the ground electrode inside the lamp socket (the corresponding wire is usually black), all four corners?