Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Hid kits

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2017, 7:18 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hid kits

Has anyone here installed an HID kit on there Uplander? I'll be doing a projector retrofit later this year but I have an unused h11 kit someone gave me. And yes I'm aware of the potential issues and will adjust them down where necessary.

Just curious as the Uplander headlight harness powers 3 bulbs but the hid kit will have to plug into that harness and will only power the low beam so not sure how the high beam and small marker lights will be powered?
Unless I'm over thinking this lol
Old February 12th, 2017, 8:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

theretrofitsource.com has some good info
Old February 17th, 2017, 2:16 PM
CF Junior Member

Hey Niceguy88, I Have been running HIDs in my 2009 uplander for about 3-4 years now with no issues. I believe my colour temp is 6000k . If the kit you have is a direct plug and play kit, all you do is unplug the low beam h11 bulb and that connector will power your kit without any wiring modifications. The side marker lamp and the high beam will still operate as before. Think of a direct plug and play kit like changing a bulb, you use the harness that was connected to the regular low beam bulb to connect to your ballast which connects to your HID Bulb. The only issue you could have is finding a spot to mount the ballasts. I believe I mounted my ballasts somewhere behind the turn signal lamp/DRL. (below the headlight assembly).
Hope this helps.
Old February 18th, 2017, 8:43 AM
CF Active Member

Hey thanks so much for responding, I actually had emailed trs and they gave me the same explanation nearly word for word as you a few days ago so I commend you on your very clear explanation! Too bad I haven't had time to install it but hopefully this weekend.
it's so funny, or sad, that I was completely over thinking that one aspect of the install- I guess i was having a forest for the trees moment which is ironic because I did a morimoto/trs projector retrofit on my altima 6 or 7 years ago and it's still going great.
Edit: and thanks also to Tech2, that is just what I did : )
Thanks again buddy!

Last edited by niceguy88; February 18th, 2017 at 8:47 AM.