Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

How to reset SERVICE ABS SYSTEM Uplander 06

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2014, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by srp204
Over two years ago I had it and replaced all the rotors and pads with aftermarket parts and since then no shimmy, no squealing and I am happy with the aftermarket parts. Now we are seeing how cheap the GM factory was with their out sourcing of parts and it clarified why the brakes were such a problem. So do not get the GM parts, buy from someone else and just replace all the rotors and pads, and your brakes will be good for a few years. BTW. Buy the better pads the uplander is heavy and wishing you had, after an accident isnot the right time.
many issues with brakes are from not driving many miles do develop a rust line that can wear faster. gm has a pad line i think its called advantage but its a much better improvement on the brake front . put them on many customer cars including my own and they are great. also the front and rear brake caliper slide pins (one on each caliper bracket.) have a rubber bushing on the end of the pin this locks up a lot of slide pins and wears out the brakes.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 5:15 AM
CF Beginner

Default Uplander

Come on..if the Uplander was a great vehicle it wouldn't have more than 14,000 complaints on the NTSB website. This forum is for people who want to help, not people who want to hate. My 2006 uplander has tons of issues. Gas cap light, rear wiper motor failure, brakes twice a year, sticking throttle body causes it to not start, failing in dash lights, all things that are on the NTSB website. Now there is a screech coming from the right front end when I'm barely turning right. It's a junk vehicle which is why it was only made for 3 years.

QUOTE=Val D.;281701]Thanks for registering here to complain. Keep in mind that Uplander is not an off-road vehicle. Mine has 250.000km on it, never had engine or transmission issues, still original suspension, both A/C work very good, no rust spots on the body, and I find visibility good for the size of the van. I change rotors every second brake pads change, parts are very cheap. Never had vibrations or other brake issues. People with issues tend to complain on Internet, happy owners just drive their vehicles. Uplander/Montana is quite popular van here in Canada, so I guess there are more happy owners than Internet complainers.[/QUOTE]
Old March 21st, 2015, 3:29 PM
CF Beginner

The power plug for accessories now longer works, the fuse has not blown. Anyone have any suggestions? I will never take this vehicle to a dealership again, they have never been able to fix anything that has been electrical related. It is like they absolutely no idea how to even get started with this 2005 mistake in production.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 2:13 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The cigarette lighter (accessory power jack at the bottom of the console) in my 2007 quit working as well. Fuse is good.
Let me know what you find wrong with yours ....
Old March 23rd, 2015, 4:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wanted a power outlet that switched off when the key was removed, so I went to the fuse box under the hood and found an empty switched fuse socket and put in a fuse with a tap ($3.00) Then because I'm a paranoid at heart, I got about 20 feet of small diameter nylon tubing and ran a 14 guage coated wire through it and fed it via the door into the cabin and behind the console. I bought one of those 4 outlet plugs and wired it in, so I had my separate switched power. I installed my satellite receiver on the top console and just tapped into the switched power that is in the roof. BTW YOU need a warm garage or warm weather to do this. I would have shown the fuse blank but the van is just parts now.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Val D.
Uplander/Montana is quite popular van here in Canada, so I guess there are more happy owners than Internet complainers.
Not ENTIRELY true. Yes, they are popular here. Because they had the absolute snot discounted out of them as lease arrangement vehicles for some really large companies and their staff. We were the dumping ground. Period. And they are in the used market for less than older Caravans.
Spend a little more time on your information before presenting it.
Old March 26th, 2019, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Power outlet

My power outlet on my 2006 uplander quit working it the fuse is good too. I got this van from my parents. My brother fixed it for my mom one time already and when I got the van it quit again. Not sure how he fixed it. I think the wires had come loose or something. I didn’t feel like messing with it. It is in an awkward place all the way at the floor and I figured it will probably keep messing up so I hooked one up I bought from the store directly to the battery and ran the wires through my door into my van. Put an inline fuse on it and a rocker switch so I can turn it off and on when I want to.