Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Power mirrors non functional

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2015, 6:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power mirrors non functional

Well I went through one of those automated carwashes today after work, a Car Wash USA unit that uses some mop style rolling "brushes" to wash the vehicle. I noticed it knocked the left mirror forward (it's a break away mirror) but then the roller brushes knocked it back into place a minute later.

However the driver side mirror itself was way out of adjustment and then I noticed neither mirror was operational.

Side mirrors are something you pretty much set and forget (I'm the only driver of this van pretty much) so I have no clue if the switch died at the carwash, if the carwash broke the mirrors (doubt it and too late to claim it anyway) or if the switch or something related malfunctioned some time ago and I'm just now noticing.

I'm going to test the switch and power coming into it later this week but I'm still annoyed that the car wash pushed the mirror glass out of adjustment. I pushed it back into position gently by hand not that I recommend that. I'll post back with my results after checking the switch.