Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Pulsating Brake problems

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2011, 12:30 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulsating Brake problems

On my 2005, my brake light and ABS light have came on, this is now the 2nd time and have no clue what is wrong. The last time was the speed sensor attached to the hub assembly was broke off so I replaced both hub assembly with sensors attached to them because they had a little play in them. Lights went out after replacement, and now they are back on and not sure if the ABS module is going bad or what. I was wondering if the calibers might be locking up on me ever so often or just one of them locking up. Rotors are fine along with pads but that would not trigger the lights. What they car is actually doing is when driving and braking the car makes a loud pulsating rubbing noise and does not do it all the time and no it is not shimming because my rotors would need to be turned if that was the case but it only does it in spurts. Put new rotors and pads all around not too long ago. New hubs were put on last summer. Let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eric
Old June 19th, 2011, 3:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read these posts I'm sure I've read an older post about the same problem and having to buy bigger rotors to correct the problem!