Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Speakers won't work

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2012, 11:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Speakers won't work

I have a 2006 Chevrolet uplander and the speakers quit working. The DVD player will play sound through the headphones but will not play through the main speakers and there isnt any door or seatbelt chimes any more. I have checked all the fuses/connections. The sound was working fine on the dvd/cd and am/fm radio and just quit the other day. I have checked all the rse buttons and they are all fine. Could this possibly be the radio unit itself? Has anyone else had this problem??? anyone know how to fix it??

Last edited by chase1; June 5th, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM
CF Beginner

Heh, kinda funny, my rear speakers are only putting out about 5% volume for the last couple weeks in my '06 too. Probably programmed to die at this point

Could be the head unit, yeah. Or a rat could have chewed through the wiring for the speakers. (And no - not being funny, had a rat eat through the wires for the auto headlight sensor while building a nest...)
Old June 6th, 2012, 8:59 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> chase1,

There may be a connection issue. None of the speakers work? Have you checked the radio amplifier fuse in the instrument panel fuse block? How about the auxiliary power and ac/dc inverter fuses in the underhood fuse block?

Please refer to pages 5-94 through 5-98 of the owner's manual. For your convenience, a digital copy of the owner's manual is available at: http://www.extendedgmwarranty.com/ow...t-Uplander.pdf

I hope this information is helpful. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old June 6th, 2012, 9:20 AM
CF Beginner

I have tried the radio amplifier fuse and it is fine. I have not tried the other two but i will tonight. And yes none of the speakers work at all they worked fine and the other day i got in the van and turned it on and the radio worked fine just no sound out of the main speakers. the dvd player will play sound through the headphones. were would the connection issue possibly be? Between the radio unit and the harness or the speakers and their connection?
Old July 3rd, 2013, 9:22 PM
CF Beginner

Default No sound in main speakers

Did you ever figure out what the problem was? We have the same issue and is so frustrating!!!
Old December 8th, 2017, 9:16 PM
CF Beginner

Wondering if this was solved or not. Have the same thing happening.