Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Things you've done to your Uplander

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2011, 8:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Things you've done to your Uplander

Just wondering if anyone has pictures of things they have done to their Uplanders.
My wife got one in December and I am planning on getting the front windows tinted, painting all emblems either white(the color of the van) or black. I am also planning on painting the stock rims black and maybe even Magnaflows.

I know most people don't see why anyone would spend the time doing anything to it, but I can't leave any car/truck/van alone. I'll only have a day spend doing these things, so more than likely I will get the emblems, wheels and black out the tail lights done. The rest will have to wait till I get leave again.
Old June 10th, 2011, 7:16 PM
CF Junior Member

heres what I've done so far, got the chrome billet grille, my emblems were looking like garbage so i took the plastic off of it and spray painted it a chromey silver colour and used a small bead of silcone to seal it, and prevent it from happening again. I bought a universal c.a.i. k&n appollo, new ultra bright white xenon bulbs, magnaflow muffler and currently working on the speakers. I will post pics when I can
Old June 10th, 2011, 7:29 PM
CF Junior Member

almost forgot bought some chrome rain guards made by "stampede"
Old June 10th, 2011, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

Cool

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see pics! Do you have the part nuber for you cai?
Old June 10th, 2011, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

I'm thinking about getting the billey grille, but painting it black. I'm glad there is a CAI that will fit.
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
CF Junior Member

Theres no part number because nobody makes anything for the uplander, like i wanted to get euro style taillights and projector headlights but found nothing, all i did was ordered from K&n the universal C.A.I its called APOLLO yes you do need adaptors it will work and yes you can use your original maf sensor, I'm also thinking about getting those mod chips. It takes alot of work and thinking but the cai will fit
Old June 11th, 2011, 12:35 PM
CF Beginner

Awesome. I don't mind making it work. Did you notice any gains after putting in the CAI?
Old June 11th, 2011, 1:59 PM
CF Junior Member

hell yeah with the muffler and cai, i get much better gas mileage, and power holy crap, i don't have a dyno but i would say i gained 5-10 hp. I use to get around 24 mpg now i get atleast 30-33 depends and no tom foolery!!!. If your thinking about painting you must check out Dupli-color I'm thinking about doing my mirrors the same metallic silver. With this mod chip though your suppose to get umpteen horsepower and wicked gas mileage. The engine sounds more muscular. I will tell you this, if you get the cai you must rest the comp so it will be able to accept the new airflow. Technically speaking it is not a true CAI, more of a short ram, what have you done so far?
Old June 11th, 2011, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Nice! I can't wait to get CAI and Exhaust! I haven't been able to do anything yet. I've been in Kodiak, AK and got the van for my wife in Oregon. I'll be going down there for 3 weeks and will spend a day or two working on it. I'm want to do everything you did, but all my emblems will be black. I have an Xterra and used dupli-color bedliner on the bumpers and on some of the emblems. Dupli-color is awesome!

Can't wait to see you pics man!
Old June 11th, 2011, 4:08 PM
CF Junior Member

I'm workin getting the pics up, Black emblems nice!!!! that would be sick dupli-color has a chrome black out paint that would be sick with the white body color

Quick Reply: Things you've done to your Uplander