Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Things you've done to your Uplander

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2011, 12:38 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW that is one Sweet looking van!!!now i got to go out and buy a camera
Old August 25th, 2011, 2:00 AM
CF Beginner

Heck yeah! I've been waiting to see other uplanders. I'll do more to it next time i'm back in Oregon.
Old December 20th, 2011, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

Cool

Thinking about getting a ported upper intake manifold for my Uplander. Can anyone give me an idea on HP gain? Another round of modding the Upland coming up in the next month. I'm not too sure how much money I'll have for mods this time around. I'm hoping to at least get some kind of CAI on there, we'll see.

Is this the mod chip you were talking about?
http://autochipsdirect.com/chevrolet-uplander--120

Has anyone else taken pictures of their van yet??

Last edited by Road Warrior; December 20th, 2011 at 8:33 PM.
Old December 21st, 2011, 8:00 AM
CF Active Member

I'd imagine getting a decent set of headers if you could adapt from the G6 engine-IIRC, some used the 3.5 headers for the 3.9 but can't remember for sure. At the least, a larger diameter y pipe or at least one with the precats removed (not removing the main cat) for much better flow would have more of an impact than an IM...

But there's nothing wrong with trying something. However, if someone does offer it get dyno proof of gains and powerband shift. If not, it would be worth it to get a before/after dyno.

EDIT: Btw, if the spirit of this thread, the only thing I've had time to do lately is get a remote start installed on my '08. Works great for winter time!
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM
CF Beginner

Cool

I was thinking about headers, but a lot of this stuff would have to wait till I live near the van again. I was even thinking about some roof lights since we'll be using it to camp a lot haha
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
CF Active Member

Yeah, KC roof lights AND big knobby bubble tires! Actually I think the Uplander would look pretty good with a tasteful offroad look but I wouldn't like the extra road noise...
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
leo
CF Beginner

BigDawg
What year is your uplander? engine size? I would like to add the K&N intake that you installed on your car. I have a 2007 with 3.9l I was looking at my setup I have air sensor in the way I am not sure this K&N setup will work
Old January 27th, 2012, 4:25 AM
CF Junior Member

LEO, Mine is a 2006 LT1 with the 3.5, there is a couple ways you can do this, 1 way is keep your oem hose that clamps on to your maf/map sensor and remove your stock air box and just buy another piece of that hose from a scrap yard and just buy a cone filter. What I did was have a buddy of mine fabricate one using various exhaust pieces and was still able to use the sensor, I can't remember but I think the hose is like 31/2 or 4 ". some gm vehicles like the g6 and the impala I believe have the same motor as the uplanders and there is kits for those you can buy online. I'm pretty sure those vehicles have the 3.9, I know certain years have the 3.5. The internet has some wicked how to vids. I hope I helped because I know when I wanted one I felt like I was the only one who would want to do this until I stumbled accross this video where the guy used exhaust pieces "brand new of course". Thats how I got my idea. Was it worth doing? yes it was, did I gain hp and better fuel economy, yes I did how much though I'm not exactly sure but I do know it has better throttle response, even though stock had great pick up and go. I just wanted a little more GRRRR. Hope I helped. Would love to take some pics and show you guys but I've been busy with work, I'm off tomorrow so many I'll take some hopefully this site is easy to post pics
Old January 27th, 2012, 4:33 AM
CF Junior Member

alot of people have told me that in order to gain hp you have to do 2 things, 1 is reprogram the sensor so it accepts the better airflow and 2 is get better ehaust from the manifold all the way to the pipe. Right now I've just got a magnaflow muffler with stock everything else until I feel like calling my buddy again to have him weld everything like he did with my intake. I'm sure it would be alot of adapting, for what its worth I'm happy with the set up now, until I get bored agin...LOL
Old January 27th, 2012, 9:03 PM
CF Active Member

I spoke with a company that offers tunes for the 3.9 engines and he said it wasn't needed for basic intake/exhaust for what it's worth. Regarding the 3.9, K&N short ram setups produce 5hp gains according to the G6 3.9 guys (on the dyno)...

Quick Reply: Things you've done to your Uplander