Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Unusual power sliding door configuration?

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2023, 1:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual power sliding door configuration?

Previous lurker but new member of the forum and appreciate any help. I bought a 2007 Uplander LS
​and seem to have an unusual power sliding door issue and configuration. The van had sat for some time with no battery before I bought it.
Neither power door works and in doing research I found that there is normally a disable button on the overhead console but my van has no operable buttons there, only blanks. I have also seen that there should be buttons on the B pillars but I have none. The doors have always 'dragged' no matter how much they have been lubricated. I noticed the sensors in the door jamb and realized it must have power doors. Checked the fuse panel and all 3 fuses are good. I did not get a remote key fob with the van. Anyone have experience with this configuration and can advise how to get the doors wotking? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Sportsfan10; November 2nd, 2023 at 1:43 AM.
Old November 4th, 2023, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Sportsfan10
Previous lurker but new member of the forum and appreciate any help. I bought a 2007 Uplander LS
​and seem to have an unusual power sliding door issue and configuration. The van had sat for some time with no battery before I bought it.
Neither power door works and in doing research I found that there is normally a disable button on the overhead console but my van has no operable buttons there, only blanks. I have also seen that there should be buttons on the B pillars but I have none. The doors have always 'dragged' no matter how much they have been lubricated. I noticed the sensors in the door jamb and realized it must have power doors. Checked the fuse panel and all 3 fuses are good. I did not get a remote key fob with the van. Anyone have experience with this configuration and can advise how to get the doors wotking? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Bump… anyone??
Old November 4th, 2023, 3:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 615 Likes on 556 Posts

shorty or extended?

The power sliding door is an incredibly complex system with motors, clutches, actuators, and computer modules that need to be programmed. The parts will be expensive or hard to find. I'm not sure I'd bother with it. I definitely wouldn't attempt working on it without a service manual (you can get one at your local public library)

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; November 4th, 2023 at 3:45 PM.
Old November 5th, 2023, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mountainmanjoe
shorty or extended?

The power sliding door is an incredibly complex system with motors, clutches, actuators, and computer modules that need to be programmed. The parts will be expensive or hard to find. I'm not sure I'd bother with it. I definitely wouldn't attempt working on it without a service manual (you can get one at your local public library)
Thanks very much for your response!
I have read about the reset that should be done esp. when the van has lost power, but I have none of the buttons that are referenced. Guess there's no choice but to just disconnect them. Thanks again!
Old November 6th, 2023, 7:33 AM
CF Beginner

Standard wheelbase not extended.