Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander - Lamp Control Modual removal

Old October 21st, 2010, 10:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander - Lamp Control Modual removal

Hi, I believe that I've tracked down the source of my electrical problems to a bad Instrument panel illumination dimmer modual. How do you remove that modual from the panel? is it just on clips? pry out??
For the benefit of others here are the symptoms... Blown #17 body fuse (back-up lights/ back -up alarm/and CHMSL also lost the instrument panel back illumination. All this is fed thru fuse #17. I believe that I have tracked the problem down to a short in the dimmer switch. Now I just have to remove it without damaging the instrument panel facing.
Thanks

Joe B
Old October 22nd, 2010, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Lamp control modual removal - how to

OK, guys... I figured it out. So for the benefit of others.... everything pops off with spring clips. First pop off the silver trim strip below the light modual, use a puddy knife. Next pop off the light mod, one clip at the lower edge... it all comes free including the vent grill.

Joe B
Old June 30th, 2013, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

I have a similar problem my instrument panel lights are fine but I have back up light or interior dome lamp,my mecanic is saying something about a body conttrol modual is this the same thing? my local deal quoted 200.00 for the part and my mechanic is saying that the modual needs to be programed to the truck?