Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

06 SS Traction Control Lamp

Search this Thread

Old September 24th, 2012, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 SS Traction Control Lamp

Last week Traction Control Light came on, Theft System locked radio also. Turned car off, both went away. Tested battery and alternator; replaced battery, alternator still tests good. No issues until this morning. Driving to work, feel hesitation in engine around 55-60phn. Stopped at stop light, traction control light comes on and stays on. No check engine light, no messages in DIC. To get it home, I removed the ABS relay and fuse. Traction Control Light went off, but ABS and brake lights turned on as expected. Still felt hesitation (not sure if it is trans or engine related) and check engine light finally came on. I am assuming the check engine lamp kicked due to the ABS relay being pulled (I'll get it scanned for codes tomorrow). Any ideas on the traction control light and hesitation? If wheel speed sensor goes bad, what affect does it have on the trans or engine? Great way to spend my birthday!

2006 Malibu SS; 159,006 miles