Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander- Power Sliding Doors

Search this Thread

Old July 12th, 2011, 7:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep $845.00 later, New hinge assembly , now works fine
Old July 26th, 2011, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default NON-Automatic Doors

We had our Uplander for about a year and half. Then the doors simply stopped working and started dinging. Disabled auto function by taking out fuse to stop dinging noise. Now we have hard to close doors that the kids can't close all the way - leading to drained batteries etc. We owned three Ventures prior and will be forced to buy another Uplander -( Chevy Dealer in family). I've loved all these vans - great mileage, but they are not made very durable. How anyone can get over 90K on them is a mystery. - JoeK
Old July 27th, 2011, 5:17 AM
CF Beginner

Exclamation sliding door nightmare

our uplander has the sliding door problem which GM has yet to acknowledge is a problem. in our situation, there appears to be a manufacturing defect. we have been dealing with this during the initial warrantee period of 3-36 and got nothing done. now, we have called GM and opened a file to get something done. GM still refuses to admit they have a problem! This sliding door problem is reported all over this forum and no resolution to it has been recommended by GM. aside from the no close problem and the alarm that continues to sound after the door stops and opens again, the door will pop open at speed. it is time for GM to get their act together and solve this before some innocent child gets hurt because the door misbehavies.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

One person said the "body control module" was replaced which fixed the problem anyone else had this experience
Old July 23rd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ernesto72
One person said the "body control module" was replaced which fixed the problem anyone else had this experience
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Are you experiencing this issue? Have you had the vehicle inspected? I would be happy to look into this issue if you provide the last 8-digits of your VIN.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old July 24th, 2015, 6:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default Lat 8 of VIN

Originally Posted by chevrolet customer service
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:worddocument> <w:view>normal</w:view> <w:zoom>0</w:zoom> <wunctuationkerning/> <w:validateagainstschemas/> <w:saveifxmlinvalid>false</w:saveifxmlinvalid> <w:ignoremixedcontent>false</w:ignoremixedcontent> <w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext>false</w:alwaysshowplaceholdertext> <w:compatibility> <w:breakwrappedtables/> <w:snaptogridincell/> <w:wraptextwithpunct/> <w:useasianbreakrules/> <w:dontgrowautofit/> </w:compatibility> <w:browserlevel>microsoftinternetexplorer4</w:browserlevel> </w:worddocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" latentstylecount="156"> </w:latentstyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* style definitions */ table.msonormaltable {mso-style-name:"table normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"times new roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> are you experiencing this issue? Have you had the vehicle inspected? I would be happy to look into this issue if you provide the last 8-digits of your vin.

I look forward to your reply.

louis
gm customer service
6d152887
Old July 24th, 2015, 3:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LouLayMEmmers
6d152887
Hi LouLayMEmmers,

Thank you for providing this. We strongly encourage you to send us this information along with your contact information, current mileage, preferred dealership and a brief summary of your current concerns in a private message. Once you do so, please feel free to delete your VIN information as this is a public thread and we respect your privacy. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old November 23rd, 2015, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

I tried everything known to Google and my local mechanics until I finally got fed up and disabled both of the slider doors on my 2007 Buick Terraza. Pulling the right fuze will disable the dinging and the power doors. Find the small fuse labeled PSD. You can also remove the two large fuses for each door for good measure, if you wish. Then you can remove the cables that go from the motor to the doors, and they will slide open and close so easily that you'll wonder why they made them automatic to begin with. Here's a video that explains the process:
Old November 23rd, 2015, 3:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by JoeK
We had our Uplander for about a year and half. Then the doors simply stopped working and started dinging. Disabled auto function by taking out fuse to stop dinging noise. Now we have hard to close doors that the kids can't close all the way - leading to drained batteries etc. We owned three Ventures prior and will be forced to buy another Uplander -( Chevy Dealer in family). I've loved all these vans - great mileage, but they are not made very durable. How anyone can get over 90K on them is a mystery. - JoeK
Detach the cables that pull the door open and closed, and the doors will slide so easily that my three-year-old can work them. As far as I'm concerned, the only real fix for these door issues is exactly what you've done, plus removing the cables. You'll be in back in manual sliding door heaven.
Old March 30th, 2016, 4:20 AM
CF Beginner

Hey guys, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it seems like no one talks about these vans anymore. Also, I have the Buick Terraza, but since it's pretty much the same thing as an Uplander I hope someone can help.

I'm a first time minivan owner, and the concept of PSD's are new to me. The problem I'm having is the driver's side PSD will open fine manually, but the buttons on the overhead console, B post, and key fob won't open the door. Nothing happens. Even the motor doesn't kick on. Fuses are all ok. Is the motor dead? Does anyone know where it is for me to replace it?

Quick Reply: Uplander- Power Sliding Doors