Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

uplander satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2010, 3:50 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up uplander satisfaction

I would like to know how other uplander owners likes their uplanders. We have a 2009 uplander that we bought new and after 18,000 kilometers of driving we have no problems to report. There are a few negative points on the van and we have learn to live with them. If you compare the shape of this van to other brand I would say that there are no other make that compare the beauty of this van. The motor is bullet proof and very economical on the gas for a 3.9 liters. To bad they have stop the production. I have tried a very popular imported van on the road that cost quite a lot of more money than the uplander and to tell you the truth the uplander was more quiet. For the price we paid it was a bargain even if the resale value is not high. This model will always keep a good look even with the new models of other vans coming up for 2011.
Old February 26th, 2010, 2:55 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Our '07 LS RWB has performed as expected. The wife and I have put on 25k miles and the only thing repaired/replaced under warranty was the LF sway bar end link and both the gold "bow tie" emblems for blemishes. So far, so good.
Old February 27th, 2010, 6:51 AM
CF Active Member

I forgot to mention that our emblem had to be replaced also. I think most if not all uplanders and other makes like the silverados emblems were not sealed properly and water got between the gold aluminum foil ruining the emblem. Mine was like that before I bought it. They replaced it.
Old February 27th, 2010, 3:04 PM
CF Junior Member

Cool

i just bought a used 08 uplander wit 27k on it. I had it for 1 night and had to bring it back for the door lock on the driver side sliding door not working. Other than that it has been a ok van it does make alot of noise going over bumps but for a vehical made of plastic thats to be expected.
Old February 28th, 2010, 8:09 AM
CF Active Member

I think the noise going over a bump is caused by the tailgate. It seems to rattle more over bumps when it is cold. I checked under the van to see if something was loose but found nothing wrong. My son who has a sienna 2010 has the same problem. We can say that this torsion beam axe on the rear has a pretty stiff ride when not loaded. When the warm weather arrives I will go deeper to eliminate this problem. If someone has an idea please let us know what you found to fix this inconvenience..
Old February 28th, 2010, 9:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default We like ours too

Bought our 2007 with 27k miles now at 60k
only problem was a front wheel bearing which was replaced under warranty I did not even know it was bad but dealer detected when in to get a block heater installed.
Not a perfect vehicle but very good and gas mileage is great for moving that much space around. Arount town nothing to brag about but in summer easily make 24-25 mpg on the highway. One night last winter we had to drive 50 miles at 40 mph due to icy roads. The ave fuel economy showed 34mpg for those 50 miles.
I always laugh when Consumer Reports says avoid Uplanders.
I would buy a new one if I could.
We do have the cold weather rear door rattle. Anyone have a plan to fix it let me know. I thought I had it fixed by rearranging jack storage but it returned.
Old February 28th, 2010, 11:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Another happy owner here. My vehicle is SV6 version but it is the same van. 140K km on the clock with no major issues. Standard trouble spots like flickering lights (not so bad though), some dashboard rattle sounds on bumps, some wind noises on high speed but I do not pay too much attention. For the price I paid the vehicle is very reliable, very comfortable and nice looking. Very good family car, not very expensive to maintain and repair. Not bad gas mileage for the engine size and power it delivers. The transmission is like not exactly made for this vehicle but not a big deal. Still accelerates and shifts smoothly. Nothing to complain about the vehicle. Much more expensive Honda and Toyota vans have also their trouble spots, some way too expensive to repair compared to GM.
Old March 12th, 2010, 9:51 AM
CF Beginner

Uplander LS 2009, will be one year old in 10 days from now, 22000 KMS on the clock, the only maintenance done oil changes and 2 semianual inspections, nothing to complain so far. A bit thirsty, but nothing out of whack, for the power and the space it offers... Pretty good deal, paid cash for it about CAD 20,000 including everything (all taxes and fees , old lease return penalty, fix old car before returning the lease, etc).
Old March 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

I'm happy with my '08 extended LT, but I do find compared to other brands there is less usable space behind the rear most seats, especially with the convenience centre. After renting a new grand caravan over the holidays I'm very happy with the uplander, it's much quieter and much more comfortable, also a lot peppier on the highway (GC kept hunting for gears on hills). Sure the seats dont tumble into the floor, but for the amount of times I need that kind of space I dont mind just pulling the seats out.
Old January 13th, 2011, 2:34 PM
CF Beginner

Question service tire monitor

Anyone having problems with the service tire monitor. Have brought my uplander back six times to dealer and they can't seem to find out whats wrong they fill the tires. and give it back its fixed. ten minutes later im driving and the lights are back on. Have gotten all new tires. replaced hubs, new brakes. abs cables( they said were corroded) ?don't know what else to do? any help appreciated.

Quick Reply: uplander satisfaction