Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

uplander satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2013, 3:12 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the rear hatch door that rattle in rough road in cold weather but during the summer It is quiet. I have learned to live with this rattle one and a while. Beside that I just turned 40,000 miles without any big problems. I am very satisfied with my uplander and this van is a good workhorse for pulling travel trailer
Attached Thumbnails uplander satisfaction-2012-10-08-14.08.02.jpg  
Old February 3rd, 2013, 3:36 PM
CF Junior Member

My folks bought a leftover 2006 in 2007 - total lemon. Front steering assembly replaced several times, real bad clunk from tranny area. Support from GM was excessively difficult to get. Traded it in last year for a Grand Cherokee Limited. Stay away from the Chevy Uplanders! Luckily they were only produced for a few model years, probably for good reason.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 4:46 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

capucine I like the setup with the trailer... we have a pop-up but I am really kicking around the idea of a small hard side...
Old February 3rd, 2013, 9:23 PM
CF Beginner

Ok so i just hit 89,000 on my uplander... NoW it decided to stop working just up and wouldnt start anymore ... It tries. But .. Its been in the shop for a week... Finally found out that a solenoid is flooding the engine and thats why it cant start... Order solenoid and the wrong one is sent. Ok another day or two. So far. Passenger side plastic cover for handle has been replaced three times still doesnt fit (its in the glove compartment tired of getting fingers pinched)... Have replaced battery, and still cant find out why traction light pops on..tire indicator, finally fixed, . Car has been in an out of shop for about seven times. I believe in taking my car in faithfully for grease and oil changes.. Maintaining it so it will last but this car... Not my favorite.. Too many things keep happening..
And they are so hard to figure out...
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ssilk40
Ok so i just hit 89,000 on my uplander... NoW it decided to stop working just up and wouldnt start anymore ... It tries. But .. Its been in the shop for a week... Finally found out that a solenoid is flooding the engine and thats why it cant start... Order solenoid and the wrong one is sent. Ok another day or two. So far. Passenger side plastic cover for handle has been replaced three times still doesnt fit (its in the glove compartment tired of getting fingers pinched)... Have replaced battery, and still cant find out why traction light pops on..tire indicator, finally fixed, . Car has been in an out of shop for about seven times. I believe in taking my car in faithfully for grease and oil changes.. Maintaining it so it will last but this car... Not my favorite.. Too many things keep happening..
And they are so hard to figure out...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> ssilk40,

I’m sorry to hear you have experienced these issues with your vehicle. Please keep us updated of the results of your shop visit.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

All i can say is my 07 uplander 3.9 has 213,900 miles on it live in a cold climate treat it like a truck [ haul /tow with it] service it . It has been a very low maintenance van with very few issues
Old April 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
CF Beginner

rear door rattle.I fixed mine ,I adjusted the tailgate latch slightly inward, this makes a tighter fit.
Old April 8th, 2013, 10:33 PM
CF Junior Member

205.000km in Ontario and still going strong with minimum required maintenance/repairs. I've never done any repairs on engine/transmission, front bearing hubs/rotors done recently, 2 tie rods replaced on 180.000km, no electrical problems so far, still original shocks, one control arm bushing needs to be replaced soon. Amazingly still no rust on the body (2006). Can't complain. Not a bad vehicle for the price you pay.
Old April 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM
CF Active Member

I still have my 2008 Uplander Cargo 3.9...no major issues so far but I have found a coolant leak on the back of the engine.

It's a very slow leak but will be taking it to get pressure tested as unfortunately, the 3.9s are known for head gasket leaks even at low mileage and crossover pipe/gasket leaks, which I'm hoping it is!

Otherwise, it's been problem free so far...