Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Uplander Wheel Sizes

Search this Thread

Old December 3rd, 2008, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplander Wheel Sizes

I have heard that wheel sizes have increased over the years on Uplanders.
My 08 has 17" wheels/tires and six wheel bolt/nuts rather than five and I know the 07s ones are the same .
Were the earlier ones the same and if not could you please tell me what years they were changed and what the previous size tires and number of bolt/nuts were.
W.Y.
Old December 4th, 2008, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: Uplander Wheel Sizes

I believe wheel size were up to 17"starting with2006 line up. I reada post on www.edmunds.comthat GM puts in oversized rotors and use 6 lugs to deal with the warpped rotor issue complaints in early models.
Old December 4th, 2008, 8:35 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks Thomas .
The reason I asked was because I had heard about the warped rotor issues in previous ones. I had to pull my wheels off in my driveway in order to install mud flaps and My Gosh, those rotors are bigger diameter and thicker than what were on my Ford Ranger pickup that I dealt in on the van

I would think the warping problem is not an issue anymore.

I am glad GM looked after that
W.Y.
Old December 31st, 2008, 6:32 PM
CF Beginner

I believe it was 06 when the switched the Uplander to the 3.9L engine... I have already had my rotorsmachinedwhen they warped around 19000 KM.
Old December 31st, 2008, 6:53 PM
CF Beginner

I live in the Rocky Mountains in British Cloumbia, Canada and have seen many people ruin rotors on the downward side of some of the mountain passes that are 30 or 40 km up and the same down the other side. They ride their brakes all the way down and then wonder why the rotors are warped badly by time they get to the bottom. DUH ! !
My own brother from out east visited here about 4 years ago and did exactly that on a brand new Uplander.
I am so used to driving in the mountains that I never seem to have brake problems. I simply gear down on those long hills and let the engine control my speed.
It will be interesting to see how long the rotors last on my 08 Uplander. I generally wear out pads long before the rotors need changing . I do my own brake work and when I change pads I take the rotors to a machine shop and even though they are practically like new condition I get them to trim off the bare minimum just to be sure.