Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Air Conditioning Issue

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2007, 1:07 PM
auz
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioning Issue

When my 2000 Venture is running and the a/c is on warm air comes out of the driver's side vents while refreshing cool air comes out of the passenger side vents. Would anyone have insight as to why this is occuring and how can I fix it?

Thanks.
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

any update on this? i have the same problem with my 01 silhouette. Charge is good, blend door actuator is moving full range. im lost. I also noticed that the recirculation button does absolutely nothing. i'm just about to tear the dash out i guess.
Old August 2nd, 2012, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

Check PCV Valve, gromet and vacuum tube. I am having the same issue right now. Discovered bad (dry rotted) gromet which caused PCV Valve to fit loose instead of snug. Replaced gromet and PCV valve and also ordered new tube today. Tube had dry rotted u-shaped hose at rear of tube and also loose fitting at port behind PCV port (Not sure what this port is called) Also had another vacuum line with L-shaped connector similar to the PCV valve that runs across top of motor and back behind (near the middle left to right) that was loose from a similar port there as well (could not see this port but could feel it with my hand). New vacuum tube will be here at 8:00am tomorrow. Rigged old vaccum tube with 9/32 inch vacuum line and got cold air out of far left vent but still getting warm air from left and middle vents in center of dash. Plan to replace vacuum tube tomorrow morning. Results to follow......
Old August 19th, 2012, 6:02 PM
CF Beginner

Any results on your no AC issue? I am having the same issue, driver's side is blowing warmer air than passenger side and was wondering what you found?
Tks
Old August 19th, 2012, 7:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

does your system have dual zone temp controls; one for driver and one for passenger?
Old August 19th, 2012, 7:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by foureyedzebra
Check PCV Valve, gromet and vacuum tube. I am having the same issue right now. Discovered bad (dry rotted) gromet which caused PCV Valve to fit loose instead of snug. Replaced gromet and PCV valve and also ordered new tube today. Tube had dry rotted u-shaped hose at rear of tube and also loose fitting at port behind PCV port (Not sure what this port is called) Also had another vacuum line with L-shaped connector similar to the PCV valve that runs across top of motor and back behind (near the middle left to right) that was loose from a similar port there as well (could not see this port but could feel it with my hand). New vacuum tube will be here at 8:00am tomorrow. Rigged old vaccum tube with 9/32 inch vacuum line and got cold air out of far left vent but still getting warm air from left and middle vents in center of dash. Plan to replace vacuum tube tomorrow morning. Results to follow......
you have probably fixed a lean running conditon but the pcv system operation will have no effect on the operation of the a/c system.
Old August 20th, 2012, 5:33 AM
CF Beginner

It's low on charge. That make almost any a/c system have different temps from driver to passenger. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't try it. Mine worked, but i still had to add over 2 cans to make it cool the same on both sides. When the system is low, there isn't enough liquid refrigerant in the evaporator to cool the whole evaporator. The air going to the driver side comes from the outlet of the evaporator which has turned to a gas and is no longer cool because heat from the driver side has been transferred to the refrigerant. If you can verify the air changes temperature at all when you change the position of the temp slider on the dash, I'd be willin to bet my bottom dollar that it's low on charge. And this van holds a ton if you have rear air.