Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Chevy Venture power windows problem.

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2016, 6:24 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Venture power windows problem.

Hi.
I have a Chevrolet Venture 2001 where none of the front windows will move in any direction.
Both power window motors works when I connect them directly to a battery.
The circuit breaker is fine, electricity flows to the switches on both the driver and passenger side windows.

At the passenger side I've got power to the window motor.
Both when I press the passenger side switch up (11.8V) and down (11.8V) and like 13,8 V when the engine is running.

At the driver side I "kind of" got power to the motor.
When I press the driver side switch down I get 11.4V but when I press the switch up I only get like 1.4V.

Can it really be the switch that causes the problem?
I've tried 1 aftermarket switch and 2 second hand switches with the same result.

I'm starting to think it is some kind of problem with the ground wires?
Regardless of the (maybe) broken switch on the driver side, why wont it work on the passenger side? The power is there! Are they paired in some way?

I hope you guys can give me some help, this is my last chance of getting this fixed.
Non of the Swedish car electricians will help me if I don't pay at least 600$ :/

Thanks from a Swedish dude with defuse language skills.
Old June 14th, 2016, 11:32 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's late here and I got a little lost figuring out what you've actually done so far but I can tell you that these switches are DPDT and wired through each other so even in the center position power and ground are going through a set of contacts.
Not sure how different this is from an '05 Venture but here is my post when I fixed my passenger window.