Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Need some heat!!!

Search this Thread

Old November 11th, 2014, 11:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Need some heat!!!

I have a 2000 venture which does not blow warm air. Engine heats up just fine, but there is no heat being delivered to the cab. The radiator has a small leak (which I will replace), but even when the coolant level is full, at best I get luke warm air at low speed. If I turn up the fan speed, all heat is lost. I am a single mother of 3 kids and with winter coming, we need the heat, if not only for comfort but also vision (hasn't been cold enough yet, but I will be scraping ice off the inside of the windshield in a few weeks). I was also planing to replace the front heater core as I have noticed some water on the floorboards on the driver side. How big of a pain is it to replace the heater core? The only one I have replaced was in an Olds and it was on the passenger side. With the water being on the driver side, is this where the heater core is located? I have a Chilton but it's very basic and has few pictures. Any help that can be rendered would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!!
Old November 11th, 2014, 1:49 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi!
I would say from what you have described about the moisture on the floor board of your 2000 Chevy Venture that one of problems - leak heater . If you have been losing engine coolant from your radiator ( cooling system ) it's a sure bet it's the heater core. Also there is usually a drain tube to direct A/C evaporator condensation & water from a heater core that may be leaking to the outside .(see photo - heater drain hole....clean the holes)
The second problem - a leak in the radiator heater connection with fittings (see photo -Check hoses and connections )