Venture 1997-2005
This minivan from Chevy offers a sporty look as well as all of the modern additons of the minivan market.
Platform: U-Body

Please Help! 2002 Chevy Venture problems

Old January 8th, 2016, 6:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Please Help! 2002 Chevy Venture problems

Every time I start my 2002 Chevy Venture, the wipers come on, they cycle through twice then stop in the middle of of window. They will sometimes come on when I honk the horn or open the back window. I've replaced the multi switch w/cruise but it did the same thing. Has anyone else had that problem or know what it could be? Thanks so much
Old January 8th, 2016, 8:48 PM
CF Active Member

Wiper issues are really just 4 possibilities: switch, wire harness, module, motor/transmission

If you already replaced the switch that probably isn't it. The motor/transmission doesn't just wipe the windshield on their own if they are bad so that isn't it either. Since you mentioned the weird operation that makes the last two things the most plausible anyway.

Get up under the dash and check the wire harness from the switch going to the firewall for loose connections or shorts, and then do the same thing under the hood from the firewall up to the module. I haven't had to deal with the wipers on my Venture yet, but if it is the same as my Impala (don't see why they'd be different except for vehicle size) you have to remove the wiper arms to get the covers off the bin where the module is, it's attached directly to the motor/transmission unit that drives the arms.
Old January 9th, 2016, 4:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi Wendylolex !
I hope this video will help you
Old January 9th, 2016, 12:18 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks. I will look at those options and let you know what I come up with.
Old January 9th, 2016, 4:26 PM
CF Beginner

Default Clean Grounds

Whenever I hear of bizarre electrical gremlins I think of corroded or broken ground connections causing some weird electrical "back feed". This may or may not be your problem but to check the condition of your grounds is free except for your time.

Good luck, hope you find the problem.
Old January 17th, 2016, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks so much for the advice. I will check those things when the weather gets a little warmer. I've moved on to changing plugs and plug wires and am having a heck of a time with that. Cannot seem to get the wires off on the back side. Going to try to slice them open with a utility knife tomorrow. So far, this van has been a pain in my you know what.
Old January 20th, 2016, 4:47 PM
CF Active Member

Some more info on the wipers...if you follow the wires from the switch under the dash there will be a connector (known as C201) and on that connector:
Yellow [E9] = Hot (12V) with key in accessory or run
Dark Green [E2] = 12V out at "washer" or 24kohms in all other positions except off
Grey [E3] = 12V out at "mist", "low" or "high"; 680k, 270k, 150k, 82k & 39kohms in the different delay positions
Purple [E4] = 12V out at "high"

If you leave the key out, make sure you don't have 12V on the yellow wire and then you can ohm out the switch from the connector. The code inside the "[]" is the pin location on the connector in case there is more than 1 wire of a listed color. Wires listed as "12V out" should measure as a short to the yellow wire when the switch is in that position and all resistance values are also as measured to the yellow wire. In the off position the 3 wires should all measure infinite to the yellow. This is of course if you unplug the connector, otherwise you could get readings from the module attached to the other end.

Those same 4 wires go all the way to the module: Yellow [B]; Purple [C]; Dark Green [D]; Grey [E]

Last edited by U.Nanimous; January 20th, 2016 at 4:50 PM.
Old January 21st, 2016, 4:05 AM
CF Junior Member

Hello everybody!
I agree with U.Nanimous . Perhaps the problem is the resistors on the control board is not functioning properly.

Often is out of order diode.

Search this Thread