Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

Volt Questions

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2017, 4:01 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the federal subsidy still available on the Volt ?

We had a Leaf & liked it , but some one rear ended it & totaled it .

I like the idea of a plug in hybrid .

I personally have no desire for a diesel anything . Each to his / her own .

Wyr
God bless
Old October 1st, 2017, 9:56 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it depends on several things: Witch car do you feel better driving? What type of driving will it be used for? I think the diesel is better for long distance drives and the EREV (extended range electric vehicle ) is better is stop and go commute. Both vehicle powertrain will have better torque power and less repairs than gas only vehicles. If the Volt is used as a daily driver, with 53 mile range will likely still have part charge at the end of the day with no or little gas used. The volt may have similar MPGE as your Nissan got. The Volt for the most part will require very little maintenance. once a year oil change and tire rotation. I have never seen volt needing new brakes (with the regeneration doing most of the braking work). You may also ask your selling dealer witch they sell more of. If they have only sold a few of one or the other their service department may not be up to speed on quick repairs when needed. Bern EREV / HEV / BEV Chevrolet technician.
Old October 1st, 2017, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

just be prepared for the resale value of a hybrid when you go to trade it in...typically its $1.00 cause the dealership has problems selling used hybrids or ev...no one wants them used and near the end of battery life warranty.
Old October 2nd, 2017, 8:09 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The few Volts I have found around here were priced = to or > than the Leafs . The reason We bought a Leaf . I am no longer in the car market , we purchases a 2006 Buick Lacrosse w/ 39,000 miles on it ( supported by CarFax ) .

But if I were , I would probably again look at a Volt . But I do not think I would consider a diesel .

Wyr
God bless
Old October 3rd, 2017, 9:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

with cars like the civic, corolla even the cruze getting 50+ mpg imperial gallon why get a hybrid, ev or small diesel?

hybrid and ev's are for geared for a customer that is very eco friendly but they have to have money to burn....new tech is not for people on a tight budget. small displacement, turbo, direct injection gas engines is the way to go imo untill the battery costs come down.