Volt Get plugged into Chevrolet's electric car! The batteries will take you most anywhere and the on-board generator can take you beyond!
Named the 2011 North American Car of the Year

Chevrolet Volt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

The Volt with Trimlines already?

Search this Thread

Old September 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Volt with Trimlines already?

The Chevrolet Volt is some 2 years away from meeting dealership orders, and already it is one of the most talked about cars (not) on the road. Based on the early interest in this vehicle, GM has already began discussions about utilizing the technology across other brands (likely rebadged Volts), and even offering variants to the vehicles with the E-Flex drivetrain.

The technology used in the Volt is expensive, so GM doesn’t plan to make a fortune on the sale of the vehicles, but there have been talks of offering a Cadillac badged model based on the Volt. Due to the difference in the target audience of the Cadillac brand and the higher average price of the Caddy models, a luxury Volt from GMs American high-end could allow the company to see more profit. The next rumor of sorts involves a Pontiac wearing a slightly sportier skin than the Volt, with the intention of appealing to a younger crowd.

However, the most recent rumors from GM stem around completely different models, and not just rebadged Volts. GM is considering offering a compact vehicle with E-Flex, which would have a much shorter travel distance, and along with that a much lower price tag. General Motors is also considering the idea of making a slightly larger variant of the Volt, with more of a traditional “station wagon” shape to allow for more cargo room than the Volt.

Again, these are all based on comments from GM employees based on rumors, so they should be taken with a grain of salt, but with the direction of the automotive market, these new trimlines could help spread the technology around as well as help General Motors.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

I can hardly wait for the Volt! Chevy's done us real good this time. Are you for sure going to buy one?
Old March 4th, 2009, 2:30 PM
Administrator

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

They would have done better if they would have had it ready for release in 08.. GM had the EV1 back the 90's but canned it because gas was cheap and SUV's were all the rage.
Old March 4th, 2009, 9:13 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 57chevyguy
I can hardly wait for the Volt! Chevy's done us real good this time. Are you for sure going to buy one?
Patrick wrote an article on it. He didn't say he was buying it.
Old March 25th, 2009, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
They would have done better if they would have had it ready for release in 08.. GM had the EV1 back the 90's but canned it because gas was cheap and SUV's were all the rage.
The battery technology has not been good enough to bring it out in 08. That is why it is taking so long. A lot rests on this car and they want it to go as smooth as it can. Even as they are getting ready for production, they are still researching batteries. Believe me, I want a Volt on my showroom, but not untill it's ready. The fact I can drive to and from work each day with no gas is HUGE. Thanks.
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:58 AM
CF Beginner

If cash for clunkers is still out when the Volt comes out I will gladly trade my S10 in towards one. I love the Volt so far, I wish it was out now.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Wrangler and Jr. it is official... Nascar wins
http://www.nascar.com/2010/news/feat...car/index.html

bobbyvanmc
streetdreams.org
Old August 11th, 2010, 4:51 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Jim From Carroll Chevrolet
The battery technology has not been good enough to bring it out in 08. That is why it is taking so long. A lot rests on this car and they want it to go as smooth as it can. Even as they are getting ready for production, they are still researching batteries. Believe me, I want a Volt on my showroom, but not untill it's ready. The fact I can drive to and from work each day with no gas is HUGE. Thanks.

I highly agree. Its just like a game system...released to early is doomed to fail....cars are no different...though i like my petro so i might just pass on buying one myself...though it is an awesome ride
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:05 AM
CF Junior Member

I would def be interested in checking one out!
Old December 15th, 2011, 12:04 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default volt

the volt is a joke. it's a plug in hybrid. period. toyota beat them to it.

the engine can / does directly power the wheels. Where's the advance in that?

Quick Reply: The Volt with Trimlines already?