Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Need a cavalier expert/ diagnosis expert

Search this Thread

Old June 8th, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a cavalier expert/ diagnosis expert

So here is the scope, I keep making threads on this topic but I have done a lot over the past 3 months so here is where I am at.

So my car has a rough idle where it bounces between 900 - 1000 rpm (sounds like it has lumpy cams). When you give it gas or just idle it up and a bit and hold it the miss goes away and runs smooth. I have hooked it up to a computer and at idle all cylinders miss across the board, but on idling up the misses clear out. I have replaced coils, plugs, injectors, injector harness, and egr. With these replacements I have squeezed a bit of performance out but still the same rough idle, I have checked vacuum lines as well. I'm wondering if maybe its a bad wire to the pcm but like that a shot in the dark I really have no idea where to go from here. My car is pulling a P0300 which is random misfire and a bank 1 sensor 2 low volts and heater malfunction which is the back 02 (after cat) so don't really know, help would be great
Old June 8th, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone is seriously about really looking into this problem I can post a video of exactly what its doing