Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

New guy w/ problem

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2012, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New guy w/ problem

So here is one for you, I have been working on our 06 express van with misfire code p0300 random misfire. I have read many threads and have tried many things and it still sets code. When hooked up to scan tool in the misfire data of mode 6, I can sit and watch each cyl. as they occationally misfire. Misfire history shows each cyl has over 4500 misfires logged, I have removed and replaced plugs and wires only because it has 100k on it and doesnt hurt to do now. I know the COP's are good and the fuel is good. I have a spare complete engine sitting in the shop, so I took the maf sensor from it and replaced it. Still sets code. This engine runs, but is rough at idle only for a second or two when the misfire happens(kinda like the engine skips ever so often). Intake vacuum is 11-14psi, I am suspecting a possible intake gasket, but not sure, only because I know they are common. Anyone have any other things they might check? I dont have plugged cats either...
Old November 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I'm moving you to the correct section.