Express & G-Series Vans Offered in both a full size van, or a large box truck, the Express is the modern GM workhorse

Chevrolet Express
Platform: GMT Van

Sofa/Bed Install

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sofa/Bed Install

Here is my installation of a Blazin Belltech sofa/bed in my passenger van. Dealing with the factory interior finishes is fairly complex but it can be done. The back folds out and down to make a wider bed. I chose this product because the sleeping position is 78-5/8" x 43-1/2", probably longer than the typical van couch or jack bed.
Attached Thumbnails Sofa/Bed Install-pict0012.jpg  
Old March 13th, 2013, 4:47 PM
CF Active Member

Looks nice.

Brew
Old March 18th, 2014, 1:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts on this bed?

Hi - This is the only instance I could find of someone installing this bed in a van. I am thinking about the same thing and would like to know about your installation experience...how difficult? Can the bed still be folded against the wall? do you think if you trimmed the support legs it could have been mounted a bit lower? Is it sturdy enough for seatbelts? Thanks for any insight!
Old March 18th, 2014, 4:28 PM
CF Junior Member

This install was a little difficult because it was being done in a window van. I had to put some blocking under the wall panels and trim the panel at the rear tire, a/c area to put in the exterior piece. I also had to remove the ductwork behind the lower panels. In retrospect I could have just put blocking under the panels and cut out for the two sofa/bed attachment points.
There no reason why attaching seat belt sets to the floor or to the blocking wouldn't work.
Yes, the bed can still be folded against the wall, but I haven't bothered with the attachment of the retaining straps as I just don't need that feature.
You should be able to lower the sofa/bed to the level of the tire fender.
If you will PM me your email I have a few pics I can send of how it went together.
Old October 19th, 2016, 6:23 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by DougE
Here is my installation of a Blazin Belltech sofa/bed in my passenger van. Dealing with the factory interior finishes is fairly complex but it can be done. The back folds out and down to make a wider bed. I chose this product because the sleeping position is 78-5/8" x 43-1/2", probably longer than the typical van couch or jack bed.
Can you tell me how comfortable this bed is please? Plan on installing one in my 2007 express and I'll be using it daily for about 6 months. Thanks!
Old February 13th, 2023, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Looks quality , has it held up ?
Old February 14th, 2023, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 612 Likes on 553 Posts

Originally Posted by Pickel
Looks quality , has it held up ?
@Pickel
This person hasn't visited the forum since 2016. It's pretty unlikely that they'll return. Please exercise some judgment before resurrecting old posts.
Old February 14th, 2023, 12:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum Pickel , tanx for joining us

No worries , just start your own post in the van section and some of us will put in our 2 cents worth about
beds in vans

Cheers ....... Vincent in Ontario Canada