Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

96 Tahoe electrical woes

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2007, 6:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Tahoe electrical woes

Help! My 96 Tahoe will not start. I suspect the ignition switch,but the symptoms are confusing me. When the key is in the RUN position, the following systems are not powering up: Daytime running lights, fuel pump primer, all functions of fuse #16(turn signals, back-up lamps, BTSI solenoid) fuse is good, fuel temp oil batt guages, dashboard start-up (bulb test), seat belt/key in warning chime. Other electrical functions that only work with the key in RUN are still functional: Sound system, wipers, climate controls, power windows. The starter engages when the key is turned to start, but no start up.
Old August 12th, 2007, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: 96 Tahoe electrical woes

Just out of curiosity did you recently have a key made? did you know that a key new key not from dealer will allow your tahoe to function in always except to crank for theft provention?
Old August 12th, 2007, 7:00 PM
CF Pro Member

Default RE: 96 Tahoe electrical woes

ORIGINAL: LILSUTHERN

Just out of curiosity did you recently have a key made? did you know that a key new key not from dealer will allow your tahoe to function in always except to crank for theft provention?
I don't believe they had immoblizers installed till 98 and it was the PasslockII system that doesn't have anything to do with the key itself.