Notices
General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non-specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here. IF YOUR QUESTION IS SPECIFIC TO A CERTAIN MODEL, IT DOES NOT GO IN THIS SECTION.

Won't Start For me.

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2006, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't Start For me.

It's an 83 caprice. I have a new battery, new alternator, new starter, new ignition switch, new battery to starter cable, new wires from the starter to the ignition, new wires from alternator to ignition, new wires from starter to ignition switch. It was working fine until one day I let my brother drive it. It just wouldn't start so we got it jumped and that was with the old starter. I went out and put the new one in and it won't even jump start. I got a new starter because all the other stuff was new and it has been kind of crapping out when it starts so I thought it just had drained the battery. Now it won't start at all. Tried everything I could think of. It doesn't even crank. I've triple checked all my connections. I have battery power. I am completely lost on what to do. Any advice or help would be appreciated. I have spent 80 in the past two days and it’s only gone downhill.
Old December 26th, 2006, 7:54 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Won't Start For me.

maybe check some fuses