Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala LT - Possible to upgrade trim?

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2015, 12:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Impala LT - Possible to upgrade trim?

Hey Folks,

I have a '14 Impala 2LT loaded, but wasn't aware of what I was giving up between it and LTZ.

Thinking as I have some spare cash, I'd like to do some trim upgrades to LTZ where possible. I saw the thread on the $580 upgrade for fog lights... several additional questions:

1 - is it possible to put a HD backup cam in place of the SD without a bunch of work? (plug and play replacement?)

2 - is it possible to put the LTZ belt moulding (think that's what the door chrome is called?) on the LT model? Or are the door skins between the two models different?

3 - anyone make an attempt at putting an LTZ bumper onto the 2LT? Probably a nightmare, but thought I'd ask...

4 - Chevrolet MyLink is a bit of a pain, with varying features between owners - wondering if it's possible to upgrade ourselves (CSA says no, but not sure that makes sense given it's open source... shouldn't we be able to modify and update?)

Think that's it guys, really appreciate any guidance and help you could provide.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:00 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's going to take some research. When I was at the dealers last week, I was talking to a group of salesmen and service advisors. They were about to sell a pickup BUT the prospective owner wanted the extended mirrors for towing. In the past they said they would just get the extended mirrors on and let it go. Now they said the new models have different door skins/structure to support the mirrors and you basically would have to swap a door to do it correctly without having the mirror shake while going down the road. Same thing with all the other cars, you don't know what they change for the different trim levels now.
Old April 22nd, 2015, 11:09 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was some work on backup cams on camaro5.com...
Old May 4th, 2015, 10:02 PM
CF Beginner

I ordered aftermarket chrome moldings they are lower ones don't look like LTZ moldings but I got them at car ID. com.GEN5DYI sells the kits to add LED lights to car
They are working on ultra bright bulb to add to head lamp
you can add chrome mirror caps
Old May 28th, 2015, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Go to Gen5DYI website google it and its that is first link to come up.

You can buy kit for LED running lamps and I am in testing phase
to add led light bulbs to change head lamps
Old May 31st, 2015, 9:54 AM
CF Beginner

Here are two of my recent simple mods done on my 2LT..........

Chrome Door Handle Covers
OEM Door Molding

Next to come later on, LED DRL Kit Install
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Impala LT - Possible to upgrade trim?-impala-2.jpg  

Last edited by MyImpala65; May 31st, 2015 at 10:05 AM.
Old June 1st, 2015, 7:21 AM
CF Beginner

Default Moldings

How do you did get the moldings to stay I Ordered them and they had clipsnandy doors don't have clips. I am fine without the chrome door handles. I am also I. Process of getting led head lights....
Old June 1st, 2015, 9:29 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Blueraymetallic2lt
How do you did get the moldings to stay I Ordered them and they had clipsnandy doors don't have clips. I am fine without the chrome door handles. I am also I. Process of getting led head lights....
The molding has 3M tape as well as clips. The clips and plastic posts have to be removed. Some of the clips slide off and some have to be cut off. Where the clips were, I put small pieces of 3M tape just to be safe.
Old June 1st, 2015, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MyImpala65
The molding has 3M tape as well as clips. The clips and plastic posts have to be removed. Some of the clips slide off and some have to be cut off. Where the clips were, I put small pieces of 3M tape just to be safe.
Sweet I will keep moldings I have. I also added mud flaps / for sills / metallic pedals/ led running lights / and working with gen 5 for led head lights. Xenon depot has lights but u also need adapters so will stay with gen 5 they are great to work with.