Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

impala 2006 intermittent loss of power

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2008, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default impala 2006 intermittent loss of power

hi, i have 2006 impala which is giving me hard time, it have 67k, and intermittent loss of power.
it suddenly lacks power with message of INSUFFICIENT ENGINE POWER in dash. after like 3-4 cycles of ignition switch and starting it runs good again.as far DTC are concerned it had p0101 and p0201 which are for IAT sensor which i have already replaced with brand new. and as far p0201 is concerned i have checked ground pulses they are fine, since the problem is intermittent, i tried to compare the loss of power by removing IAT harness and also Injector 1 harness but nothing was similar to the actual loss of power condition. if anyone have any idea what could be wrong ??
could it be throttle position sensor ? but no DTCs other than 0201 and 0101 any help , any idea.

or can you please give me Wiring diagram for this model plz i really need it.
Old December 17th, 2008, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: impala 2006 intermittent loss of power

after struggling with my car for one month as no one seemed to know what was wrong with it.
Finally i have found it !!!. TAC Motor was at fault. so i had to change my TAC unit cost me 100$.
now its running good for whole week with no problems.

how i found it, i talked to CAB Drivers as in my city almost 70% cabs are of impalas, asked them if they had any problem like this and all answered the same as they have already changed TAC motor unit twice. Thanks to professinals

Old December 25th, 2008, 7:54 PM
CF Veteran

Default RE: impala 2006 intermittent loss of power

Do any recalls or TSB's address this "issue". Seems that if it were so common there would be such.