Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala 2007 LT ( Flex Fuel ) No Power, No Nothing! Please help

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2015, 6:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Impala 2007 LT ( Flex Fuel ) [ PARASITIC DRAIN ] No Power, No Nothing! Please help

Okay. It started December the 31st of last year and now continuing onto the right now. Went to auto-zone, because the whole car wouldn't power up. I mean, the whole thing is pitch black ( I'll give you a picture later ). So I went up to Autozone. The guy said I have corrosion on the positive cable and it was messing up badly, but he replaced the battery anyway, because it was still under warranty. I'm saying to myself," Cool, okay. " A week later, the whole car started doing the same thing again and I'm like," Wtf. "

So someone recommend me go to a repair-shop and get the whole terminal fix. Alright, cool. Paid the money and went on. 3 days afterwards the SAME thing begin to happen. So I'm just like giving up on this thing, because it's driving me crazy. Had to jump the car almost 4 times within last week. I thought to myself that it could be the alternator or the cords causing this. We went to a guy to repair this issue. He puts in a brand new alternator, because he said something about the old one having pinestraw in it ( seen it covering the alternator ), which was keeping it from recharging.

Now, I'm relieved my worries are gone. New alternator in, new battery in and positive cable is replaced with a new metal piece. It's all good.

Until this morning when I woke-up to go to the store. Opened the car door and nothing. Pitch BLACK. I'm about to give up on this thing. I take care of this car and had it since 2010 ( Got it when it was less than 60,000 miles ). Honestly, don't know what to do now and wonder if you guys would know the problem? It's weird. Never seen this before.

Last edited by theImpalaman; January 15th, 2015 at 1:21 PM.
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may have something discharging your battery when the vehicle is parked and not running. 1. Charge your battery up. 2.Buy a simple 12 Volt test light.

Amazon.com: Circuit Tester 6V / 12V DC Systems Long Probe Continuity Test Light Car Voltage: Automotive Amazon.com: Circuit Tester 6V / 12V DC Systems Long Probe Continuity Test Light Car Voltage: Automotive

3. With the engine off and doors closed and no under hood lights on - disconnect the positive terminal from the battery and put one lead of the test light on the positive battery terminal and the other test lead on the disconnected positive battery cable.

4. If the test light lights up, you have something in your vehicle drawing power from your battery when everything is shut off. There is a parasitic electrical drain on the battery when the key is in the "off position" because: 1. a relay is sticking 2. a module is not shutting down 3. a shorted diode in the alternator. 4. a light maybe on you can't see (like in the trunk).

It is possible the battery is not being recharged while the vehicle is being driven (you still have a charging problem) even though parts have been replaced.

I hope you find the problem. Maybe someone knows a mechanic that will troubleshoot it properly and not just replace parts hoping it is fixed.