Notices
Silverado & Fullsize Pick-ups The Silverado has been one of the best selling trucks in the US for decades, and is truly proven to be "like a rock".

2014 Chevy Silverado
Platform: Truck, GMT 400, 800, & 900
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Replaced front hubs, now ABS problems

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2011, 7:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replaced front hubs, now ABS problems

More fun with my 02 silverado, I just replaced the hubs with timkens, supposedly the best hub out there. Now the abs is activating under 10 mph on dry roads. I pulled the sensors out of the hubs,cleaned off the tips. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the fuse pulled now.
Old December 19th, 2011, 10:22 PM
CF Beginner

There is a recall on the speed sensors - do a google search on "chevrolet recall 05068c". It will list the VINs for your Silverado that are impacted. Might be worth checking into.
Old December 26th, 2011, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

turns out one of the new hubs had a bad sensor, used one of the old ones,problem solved.
Old April 1st, 2014, 4:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Chevy dealers will not help you

Originally Posted by jz96z3
there is a recall on the speed sensors - do a google search on "chevrolet recall 05068c". It will list the vins for your silverado that are impacted. Might be worth checking into.
i have a 2001 chevy silverado and the abs brakes hub bearings suck ! Just like the dealers ! They are full of bs ! They tell you , oh we already did the recall , frickin bull**** ! They dont care if you smash up because of their ****ty brake system . I almost went through a store front window because the brake pedal locked up stiff and would not stop . The cost to fix this is like 900 - 1100.00 , what a frickin pile of junk ! Now gm is in big trouble with the ignition . I wonder if they care about the people that died . All money grubbers like the salesmen gm can f off untill they fix **** right and stop lying to the people just for money