Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2004 Suburban questions

Search this Thread

Old August 18th, 2010, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Suburban questions

I have a 2004 Suburban with a couple of issues.

The first issue is in regards to the TPMS. I took it to the dealer today and was told the rear two sensors were bad. Is there a fuse related to the TPMS? If so where is located and what number is the fuse. The second question is are there more than just the one horn fuse under the hood? The horn that is related to the keyless entry works but the one on the wheel doesnt. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
qcoleman14
Old August 18th, 2010, 7:55 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A fuse would not shut down 2 tire sensor. They are in the wheels. The dealer has a tool that can read the data at each sensor they are probably bad.
Old August 18th, 2010, 8:40 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

the horn for the keyless and the horn on the steering wheel are one and the same.. the horn button/contact in the steering-wheel is probably dirty or bad...
Old September 6th, 2010, 1:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the horn issue is a Service Bulletin. What I found on my 2006 is that the connector under the airbag had started to corrode. I removed the airbag fuse (under the hood), removed the airbag (press through holes on both sides of steering wheel), then took the clip off in the middle that connects to the two rails that make contact for the horn.

I found some corrosion on the contacts for that clip. I emeryed the removed connector, then took some emery cloth and taped it to the end of a Q-tip. I inserted the other end into my cordless drill, then "lightly" cleaned the connection in side the clip. Finally, I cleaned both ends of the connection with electrical cleaner, I used it on the end of another q-tip (I didn't spray it into the steering wheel assembly).

This has worked for me, YMMV.

joe