Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe Dead - Doors Clicking

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this same issue on a 2013 Tahoe. Once it did the power failure while driving and the locks were going up & down and the engine was dying (poltergeist style). Very dangerous situation on the highway. Got off the road and shut it off. Then it was completely dead (except for a clicking in the drivers side door). Couldn't get anything to come on. Then (for some unknown reason) I moved the power seat switch, and everything came on. Then it started fine and ran all the way home. Took it to the shop and they couldn't find anything (of course). They said if they can't recreate the problem they can't fix it. I checked cables and pulled on things, I couldn't get it to happen again either. A couple weeks later, I tried to lock it with my remote one day and it wouldn't do anything. There was the clicking sound in the door again. I moved the seat button and it came back to life... What is going on? I've seen posting about this since around 2007. Why hasn't this been fixed? Does anyone have a fix? This is scary! I've been a Chevy man my whole life, but this is making me look closer at Fords.. Now this is interesting.. I did a CarFax on it, and I saw where this vehicle had been taken in to the dealership and it was listed as a "Drivability Test", and this had happened over and over again! I called the dealership maintenance department, and the guy said yeah I remember that vehicle. And he told me they had replace several modules, the battery etc, but it kept on doing it. So if this problem was present while the vehicle was still in warranty, shouldn't they still be responsible for fixing it?

Last edited by Rekcin; February 17th, 2017 at 3:16 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Year of vehicle!
Old February 19th, 2017, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

mine was doing this. i replaces the ground system from the battery to the motor and frame. it is 100 bucks from chevy. it has not had any issues since. knock on wood. mine had green crosion on the old one
Old February 20th, 2017, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

How long has it been since you did this repair? Mine did the clicking thing again this morning. I am thinking of taking the ground cable off and cleaning it, to see if that helps.
Old February 20th, 2017, 10:44 PM
CF Beginner

about a month now. just buy thecable new. it is easer.
Old March 1st, 2017, 10:36 PM
CF Beginner

Same problem and put new battery in. Two weeks later did not start. Charged battery and did not start. Terminals on battery clean then followed negative (black cable) from battery to alternator and cleaned with baking powder and sand paper. Started right up
Old May 9th, 2022, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2012 Chevy Tahoe won't start, clicking in door

Was this issue ever resolved?

>>>Since last December year my 2007 Tahoe LTZ has been going dead. I will park the Tahoe, and go to lock it with the remote and it will not lock. So then I go back to the vehicle to find that nothing is working. I get back in and try to turn the ignition but nothing. No lights, nothing. Then the doors start with the clicking noise. The first 3 times this went on for a few minutes and then all of the sudden the car started and everything was normal. It is not a battery problem.

On January 11 it happened for the 4 time but it did not restart. I had it towed to a service shop by my house. The shop was able to get the vehicle restarted but never could find a problem. They kept the car for a week and it did not die again. I drove it around for about another week and everything was fine until this Wednesday. I pulled into work and went to lock the car and again it was dead. This time I called the Chevrolet dealer as requested by customer care. The Chevrolet service consultant came over to my office and saw the problem as it was happening. Everything was dead and the doors had a clicking noise. After a few minutes the vehicle started up and I drove it to the dealer. Since then they have not found the problem. They just called me and said they can start by replacing the battery cables. I feel this is going to get expensive quick and they could be heading down the wrong road.
I have been emailing GM social media back and forth. So far my only complaint with them is that it has been moving real slow. On Jan 19 was my first email to them. They replied the same day and asked me to take the car to a GM dealer. I took it to the dealer and emailed them yesterday stating such and asked for a phone call. A day later (today) I get another email saying they will setup a case with GM customer Assistance but they need info to do so. I replied with info so now I am waiting. I like email and forums and all but can I please get a phone call?\ Right now, I just want my Tahoe fixed. It is at the dealer now for a few days and they still don’t know what is wrong. I see other people have posted my exact same problem. What is the fix???
If anyone knows please help!
Old May 9th, 2022, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Did any one ever resolve the Tahoe issue where it's dead and there is an electrical clicking in the door? My 2012 has been doing this. Usually will start after a few minutes.
It died this morning, no click when trying to turn the ignition, but there is a clicking noise coming from the door.
Battery was recently replaced.
If anyone resolved this issue, I'd love to know what worked.