Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old May 4th, 2011, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in College Station and I went to the local dealer two weeks ago with a 3" dash crack on the drivers side. I was told that I was the second person that day with the same problem. I am still waiting for chevy to rule on my dash but the other guy was offered a 50/50 split. What does it take to force a recall?
Old May 10th, 2011, 1:27 PM
CF Junior Member

Default Inferior quality parts

Originally Posted by C6inFL
How's this for help from GM..

"I did check your case again and it was closed due to the resolution from the dealership and they were unable to contact you back. At this point I am unable to assist you as the case has been handled properly. If you would like you can see if you could work with another dealership near by that may be willing to perform this service for you. Hopefully that gets this resolved for you. I apologize for the situation you are in.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service"

The dealer was unable to contact me back.. That's odd because they call me at least twice a month wanting to know if I will trade in one of my vehicles. The situation I am in is that I bought what I thought was a quality made vehicle from a company that I thought was reputable, but I was wrong. Trust me I won't EVER make that mistake again.

This REALLY is so ridiculous that I am speechless. I have NEVER seen such POOR service in my life. I am going to take the opportunity to get a nice vehicle wrap on my rear window (brother owns a vehicle wrap business) so I can share my wonderful experience with everyone else driving up and down the beach-line every day.

Why by something made in the US if they can't stand behind it.

MAN I AM SO SICK OF DEALING WITH GM “We have resolution of your case, denied!” So exactly how is that resolution to the fact GM has inferior quality parts?

Anyone want to by a low mileage Suburban LTZ with a cracked dashboard so I can go by a QUALITY Audi Q7 Turbo diesel?

So I’ve been calling my “rep” Sabrina (ext 12662) back for the last TWO WEEKS.. Yes I’ve left SIX voice mail messages with my case # and with my cell # and have NOT got a call back. So I leave another message, marked as “urgent” that I was going to call back in and go to the general line and ask for help. So I’m on the phone with another person who comes to tell me my case is closed because my “rep” can’t reach me.. But what do you know, now my cell is ringing and it’s GM.. Long ugly story, not going to cover it, period. Said the Service Manager was not familiar with me and that he was going to call me. Only person calling me from the dealer are SALES PEOPLE.

I have COMPLETELY given up ON GM. They are HORRIBLE to deal with when you buy or TRY.. to get service on your vehicle. You have a lot to learn GM.. When my Audi needs service, the SERVICE DEPARTMENT comes to my house or place of business and picks up my car and drops me a loaner. I've NEVER had a bad experience with them, just the opposite with GM.. NEVER a good experience. I will NEVER EVER BUY another GM product. I will unload these as soon as I can and look at Ford or Audi. This includes my trucks and my corvette’s . I will be sure to cover this on the Corvette forum too.
Old June 27th, 2011, 8:47 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Maybe some helpful info....
The cost of the dash for each trim type...check out the labor hours for install, 7.2 hrs!
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-capture.jpg  
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for posting
Old June 28th, 2011, 6:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Cracked Dash Board

My car has a cracked dash board which I see is a common problem with the Tahoe have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow. I paid for the extended warranty and at the time I was being talked into this the person stated that I would be covered through and through from bumper to bumper, seats doors locks and everthing that was included in the car. Yeah I guess I was a sucker because the seat has ripped (not covered) the defroster signal keeps falling off (not covered) now dash is cracking and hope I don't get the same response. This was a over 40K purchase mistake.
Old June 28th, 2011, 8:18 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Probably just a typo but unclear as to what a "defroster signal" is?
Old June 30th, 2011, 7:08 AM
CF Junior Member

Hope you have better luck than I did.. I cant believe how poorly GM handles issues. You would think they would want to protect a customerbase who on avg spend upwards of 45-50+K on a vehicle. Thus was my 3rd suburban LTZ, and will be my last. Like I said I am getting rid of every GM vehicle I have, sold (1) vette, (1) to go, sold (1) truck, (1) to go.. I am even getting rid of my classic impala SS..
Old July 1st, 2011, 9:10 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by C6inFL
Hope you have better luck than I did.. I cant believe how poorly GM handles issues. You would think they would want to protect a customerbase who on avg spend upwards of 45-50+K on a vehicle. Thus was my 3rd suburban LTZ, and will be my last. Like I said I am getting rid of every GM vehicle I have, sold (1) vette, (1) to go, sold (1) truck, (1) to go.. I am even getting rid of my classic impala SS..

I hope you realize that by selling your GM vehicles that you already bought from GM you are not affecting GM at all. NOT buying anymore going forward would have an impact.
Have all you guys tried to go to a different dealership to see if they would give you a better deal? Seems like it is all about what dealer you go to. Worked for me, I paid $100 to fix the dash on my Tahoe (out of warranty) and was pleased with that. Of course perfect world I would have loved to pay nothing but it beats the alternative since technically they did not have to cover anything.
Old July 1st, 2011, 5:40 PM
CF Beginner

Had the same problem, crack raised 1/16" on 1 side, 60,000 mi. Dealer said no warranty, expensive replacement. Obviously the dash is installed in a bind to have 1 side raise that way.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Hello! I recently bought a 2007 Tahoe LTZ- sadly, I bought it with the cracks on the dash. One on the left side, and the other by the passenger side airbag. I noticed the one by the airbag, but didn't notice the other on the drivers side until about 2 weeks after purchasing the vehicle. Is it best to contact dealer first? I'm prob not on their good side, as they just had to replace my 4-wheel drive ($100 on my part). I did purchase extended warranty, but from what I'm reading, the dash may not be covered.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????