Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2011, 10:36 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Man, I just don't understand why certain areas of the country get their Tahoe's repaired for almost nothing and then the best my district manager can come up with is a 60/40 split, which is still quite a bit to pay for a product defect. I live in the Austin, TX area, and they unwilling to help out anymore than that! My case number with GM is 71-933508138. I also have the chrome peeling off the driver's inside door handle, but was told my VIN wasn't covered by the recall for the door handles. I just don't get it! If the chrome is peeling then replace it! I was looking at the new Malibus to replace my aging Honda Accord daily driver, but I am not too sure any longer to trust the GM vehicles.
Old April 11th, 2011, 1:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

really seems to vary based on the dealer. I got my dash replaced by my local dealership for a $200 fee with no questions asked. they also said they would replace my door handles even though my VIN is not under the "extended coverage"
Old April 12th, 2011, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by 07_Tahoe_Jason
Man, I just don't understand why certain areas of the country get their Tahoe's repaired for almost nothing and then the best my district manager can come up with is a 60/40 split, which is still quite a bit to pay for a product defect. I live in the Austin, TX area, and they unwilling to help out anymore than that! My case number with GM is 71-933508138. I also have the chrome peeling off the driver's inside door handle, but was told my VIN wasn't covered by the recall for the door handles. I just don't get it! If the chrome is peeling then replace it! I was looking at the new Malibus to replace my aging Honda Accord daily driver, but I am not too sure any longer to trust the GM vehicles.
Jason, I am in Austin as well. Not sure where you do your regular service on your Tahoe but I can tell you from experience that Champion Chevrolet replaced mine for $100 (I have done all my warranty and service there). I also heard from someone else that Capital Chevrolet replaced one for free. That being said you should be able to get better than your current offer.
Good luck.
Old April 12th, 2011, 2:00 PM
CF Junior Member

You guys are doing much better than me.. They did reopen my case and call me. But GM is still waiting on the dealer (service manager) to call them back. But still no update..
Old April 12th, 2011, 8:00 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by fpetrini
Jason, I am in Austin as well. Not sure where you do your regular service on your Tahoe but I can tell you from experience that Champion Chevrolet replaced mine for $100 (I have done all my warranty and service there). I also heard from someone else that Capital Chevrolet replaced one for free. That being said you should be able to get better than your current offer.
Good luck.
I too have had a really good report with Champion Chevrolet, James is my service writer and I go to him for all of my service needs... and I will keep bringing them my business as long as they treat me fairly...
Old April 26th, 2011, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Jeff,
I really do appreciate all that you are trying to do about the dashboard issues. I did recieve a call from the corporate office but they are only willing to do a 50/50 split of $1060.00. This is almost a slap in the face as far as I am concerned. I am willing to try with another dealership but I dont know if this will make a difference. I am still sticking to my guns on this one! I will not back down and will call corporate evey day about this issue until I am happy with the out come. I think chevy should stand behind what they make. You might see me on the news about this issue in the very near future....maybe then they will stand behind an american made product!
Old April 27th, 2011, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

Jeff got me set up wit the GM rep who call me right away. They offered to replace my dash for $50. I took my vehicle to Vandergriff Chevrolet, Arlington TX. They not only replaced the dash nut also the coated steering wheel covers. When I picked up the vehicle they told me " Thanks for your business" no charges due. after reading this forum for several months and seeing the different responses, I currently believe I have the best deal that can be offered. I don't understand why all the variables in the decisions but I am sure the dealership has a lot to do with it but the GM Rep reviews your case and offers a settlement so they have a lot to say as well. Good luck to all of you. B Mcclintic 07 Tahoe LTZ 41k miles bought new 5 years ago
Old April 30th, 2011, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

I haven't read this entire post, but the issue here is a bad mold by the supplier of the dash. GM appears to be getting some of you to "share the pain" by paying $50-200 fees. Stay after them. This is a material defect in the original part, and they should pay the entire cost for repair. They paid for all of mine.

Good luck.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Ive been looking at tahoes for a couple months and the 2 I actually test drove both had the same crack by the pass airbag. The one I bought had it as well as a big one behind the steering hump. Hopefully Chevy will not give me a horribly hard time on this. Id be happy to pay $200 for a new dash, even better if it were free. Is it a mileage or vin specific thing?
Old May 1st, 2011, 6:32 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum...its certainly worth a try to see what the dealer can do for you... did you by the vehicle from an individual or GM certified pre-owned?
If you got it from a dealership you might press for replacement soon....

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????