Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2011, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a call back from GM. They said since I purchased the vehicle used that they will not help. Time to pit the Tahoe up for sale. Don't stand behind your product and I won't stand behind you. I'll give it one more shot at a dealer back home. Anyone been turned down and then had success elsewhere? I need go reopen my case and get the ball rolling again.
Old December 16th, 2011, 3:25 AM
CF Beginner

I also bought my silver ado 2500hd used, it's an 08 the dashed cracked on the passenger side and after filing a claim thru GM I am dropping of the truck today to get the dash replaced at no charge.
Old December 17th, 2011, 5:57 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by hellcat
I also bought my silver ado 2500hd used, it's an 08 the dashed cracked on the passenger side and after filing a claim thru GM I am dropping of the truck today to get the dash replaced at no charge.
That is good to hear
Who is your dealer that is doing to service? have you gone to them in the past?
Old December 18th, 2011, 5:43 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by in2pro
That is good to hear
Who is your dealer that is doing to service? have you gone to them in the past?
Gordon Chevrolet, garden City, Michigan. No first time that I have gone to them.
Got the truck back new dash.
Old December 25th, 2011, 7:10 AM
CF Beginner

GM Customer Service setup an appointment for me and is replacing for $200. I have 103k miles and am the original owner. The dealer is different than the one I purchased the truck from. The original dealer went out of business with the reorganization. The number of miles outside of warranty appears to be the criteria for whether it is $0 or $200. My entire dash is loose because most of the attachment mounts have crumbled.

Unfortunately I think I am going to have to have it towed into the dealer since it is currently sitting dead in my driveway. The computer flipped out last night and started showing service indicators for everything from the tire sensors to traction control before resetting everything and shutting down the ignition. I'm afraid the loose dash has severed wiring or made something come unplugged.
Old December 26th, 2011, 4:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am happy to hear that you are going to be able to have your dash repaired. Hopefully they will be able to fix the computer problem too. Please keep me posted on the repairs.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 27th, 2011, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

I just bought (yesterday!) a beautiful 2007 Suburban LT, single owner, 48K miles, in great shape. It had a small crack to the left of the instrument cluster when I bought it. Drove it home and this morning the instrument panel crack is about 4" long and there's a crack by the air bag. I was HORRIFIED! Got online and found this forum. Sound like a way to familiar story?

I've already put in a call to the Chevy 800# for customer service. My case number is 71-1022965911

I am very hopeful this issue will be resolved with Chevy taking responsibility for their faulty design. I also have my old '99 GMC Burb with nearly 200K miles and not a single crack on the dash. The leather in it is even in good shape still. I really love Suburbans and with 5 kids my vehicle options are limited. I hate to think Chevy is crapping out on quality. These vehicles are just too expensive, even used, for the company to not back their vehicles and customers.

Will update when i hear back from the area rep tomorrow.

Liz
Old December 27th, 2011, 3:50 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum
Please do keep us updated, post some pictures of the new to you ride when you get a chance...
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the welcome, circumstances aside.

I got a call back from the Chevy district rep yesterday, played phone tag and talked to her today. She pretty much gave me the run around. Because I bought my Suburban used she feels I bought it 'As is' and I shouldn't get my hopes up for any kind of manufacturer funded replacement. She also kept saying the issue was just cosmetic so Chevy really has no obligation to remedy the issue!?

The rep wants me to return to the dealer where I bought the Suburban to have their service dept take a look at it. That's a fair next step so I'm heading up there Mon. I talked to a gal in the service dept. at Stanley Chevy in Gatesville, TX. She was very nice. We actually bought the Suburban at the Stanley Ford dealer, hope that doesn't become an issue. They're part of the same parent company.

I guess we'll see what happens now. I'm not feeling to hopeful at the moment.

I'll post a picture if I can figure out how!
Old December 30th, 2011, 7:07 AM
CF Beginner

Attached are a couple of pictures of my dash cracks. The photo of the driver side crack also shows how the dash is loose. It is being repaired next Tuesday. I'll have to pay $200.
Attached Thumbnails 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-passenger-side.jpg   2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????-driver-side.jpg  

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????