Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2012, 9:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcvaughn
So I just got a call back from GM and they declined to repair our dash because we bought the vehicle used. The rep explained to me that this doesnt seem to be a large issue. It seems a bit odd to me there are 43 pages of comments on this forum, and on facebook and on youtube showing the problem. It was assured to me that these cracks would not pose any safety issues at this time. When I asked if I could get a letter from GM stating that these cracks would not pose an issue to the airbag system, this was also declined. Lucky for me she did say we would be notified in the event of a recall in the future. What a joke.

Any advice?

I spoke with a second representative from GM, and my dash is now in the process of being replaced. Louis on the forum was a big help. I dont think I would have ended up with this positive outcome without his help.
Old January 17th, 2012, 9:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default GM Did the right thing

If you have read my threads, you will know that I also was a second owner of a 07 Tahoe. I called initially and was turned down for the crack in my dash. I am very happy to report that I waited 3 months called back and they took care of my dash 100 percent. My trust and confidence in gm has been restored with this decision.

My suggestion to you all have the same problem is to treat GM with respect and your dealer and hopefully you will have the same out com I did. Best of luck to you.
Old January 17th, 2012, 2:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> dcvaughn,

Thank you for the compliment. I am happy I could help in the process of resolving your problem!

andycamping,

Great news to hear! Thank you for your feedback!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:00 AM
CF Beginner

Well,

It took a little back and forth with GM reps but I'm getting my dash replaced today for $100! As the 2nd owner of my Suburban I'm pretty pleased that such an expensive repair is being mostly covered by GM. Overall, customer service with GM was great. The first district rep I talked to was a little dingy, but a second one took over (not sure what happened to the first one) and she has been great. The follow through from GM has been outstanding. My rep was calling daily with updates until all the details for taking my Suburban in were worked out. I could not be happier with their customer service.

On a more local note, I'm very happy with my local Chevy dealer (Stanley in Gatesville, TX). The service manager has been so nice. When we took our Suburban in to have the dash evaluated they quickly replaced all the recalled chrome door handles without us even having to ask. My husband dropped our Suburban off this morning and they sent him back home with a really nice loaner car so he didn't have to wait around at the dealership.

It's so rare these days that I feel companies offer good customer service. I've loved GM vehicles since I was a little girl and fell in love with classic Corvettes. My junior year of high school my Dad bought a brand new Vette (quasar blue, t-top, 6 speed...oh my gosh was it fun to drive) and handed the keys over to me! I was hooked. Now many years and 5 kids later I've had to bump up to Suburbans (still pretty nice to drive even if they aren't quite Corvettes! LOL!). I was really, really hoping GM would come through with the dash issue and they did. I'll be a happy GM customer for years to come!

And one day when all these kids are gone Momma is gettin a Stingray.

Liz
Old January 20th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mommatoazoo

And one day when all these kids are gone Momma is gettin' a Stingray.

Liz
Great goal!

If you are interested in the Shark body style (68-82), now's a good time to buy one. However the mid-year style (63-67) has gotten a little pricey but do your homework either way. It's too late after you buy a basket case that looked good ten feet away or in pictures.
Old January 20th, 2012, 5:04 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Mommatoazoo,

That's great news! I am happy to hear you were able to get your vehicle repaired. Thank you for sharing!

If you have additional questions or concerns in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 21st, 2012, 11:08 AM
CF Beginner

My dash was replaced a few weeks ago. The other plastic section on the dash closest to the windshield was not initially replaced but also had broken attachment points inside. This made it where it did not line up with the new dash. GM Customer service had this part replaced this past Thursday at no cost to me. The dash is in great shape now. GM Customer Service has been very helpful. Thanks to all that were involved.
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
CF Beginner

Hubby went and picked our Suburban up from the dealer this morning and not only does the dash look absolutely perfect they covered the repair 100%! I didn't have to pay a penny. Go GM!
Old January 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
CF Beginner

73shark, I really do love the older Sting Rays, I haven't narrowed it down to an exact year, not that picky yet! I love the curves on the cars, just gorgeous.

I'm afraid I can't justify another 4 wheeled toy, my oldest son is almost old enough to need a car and then my 2nd son will be close on heels and on down the line. I need a fleet of big Chevy trucks to keep my babies safe.
Old January 21st, 2012, 6:18 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Sounds like you'll have plenty of time to do your research then. Can't emphasize how important that is when buying a car that is over 30 years old. The good thing about old Corvettes is that you can still get just about every part for them, albeit sometimes expensive. The bad thing is that a lot of them will need just about every part.

Remember that no question about them is dumb and most Corvette people are always willing to help.

Quick Reply: 2007 tahoe ltz dash has cracked????????